Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kite Flying 101 & Mother's Day

We left the house on, what we thought, was a breezy day in hopes of flying our kite at the park. We are complete kite-flying novices, but were eager to get out there and try.  Once we ripped open the package to our $7 kite from Target, the wind essentially stopped. Justin and I were left in the middle of a field with two bored-looking two year olds. We could only laugh at ourselves and examine the leaves on the trees looking for evidence of some wind. It took a little bit of time, but finally the wind started moving again and our kite was airborne!
DSC_0382 DSC_0384 DSC_0391 Once it hit the ground, Luke took off after it (wearing my sunglasses, of course)! DSC_0394 DSC_0396 DSC_0397 After our kite-flying escapade, we moved onto the boys' favorite spot - the playground. DSC_0371 DSC_0369 DSC_0362 DSC_0356

This all took place on Saturday - the day after the wedding. but before Mother's Day.  On Mother's Day, I awoke to my boys saying, "Mommy, it's your happy day!"  Justin made me my coffee while I opened my gifts from my sons.  They were so sweet and presented me with a Coach bangle bracelet & a gift certificate to Sunglass Hut.  Totally unnecessary, but very kind nonetheless.  We had brunch at home with Mom & Dad V before heading to my mom's house for dinner.  It was a quiet, peaceful and relaxing Mother's Day -- one that I was VERY grateful for!

3 comments:

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I love how you got to enjoy a day at the park while no one was there! Maybe there was a really windy secret spot that everyone was flying kits at, lol.

Lori said...

oh i'd love to take my girl to go fly a kite! it's probably not windy enough in hawaii right now though. sounds like you had a great mother's day .. pics of the bangle? :)

please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Mitzi G. said...

Every time we get the kite out for B the wind completely stops & he just stares at us like "huh".......