Monday, May 14, 2012

The Boys First Wedding

On Friday night, Aunt Christa and Uncle Charlie tied the knot and we had a BLAST celebrating their union!  I can say with all honesty that this was the most beautiful wedding that I've ever attended.  Every detail was well-thought out and executed perfectly.

Christa wasn't worried at all about Nolan & Luke walking down the aisle, but I was very nervous.  I imagined tears & stage fright, but neither happened!

I started the day at home with my 3 guys. We spent the previous night at the rehearsal, so the boys knew what to do, but I reiterated to them how important it was that they carry their flags down the aisle for Aunt Christa.  Justin & I then left for the wedding and my mom & Aunt Chica would bring the boys up to us right before the ceremony.  I joined the bride and bridesmaids in the bridal suite and we glammed-up.

This was the first time I ever wore false eyelashes and I LOVED THEM!

me DSC_0307 I'm considering wearing them every day now.... Back to the wedding. Christa was cool and calm throughout the entire day, but I was still a bundle of nerves simply because of my little cuties. Speaking of cuties....their outfits...adorable. nolan luke

 We all began our procession down the aisle. I intended to walk with both of my little guys while they each carried a flag, but the Maid of Honor took pity on me and walked with Nolan because Luke was being a hand-full. He didn't want to carry the flag but instead wanted to carry rocks down the aisle. I ended up carrying the "Here comes the Bride" flag for him while he threw his rocks into the fountain. I had to rely on other people for these pictures, so here's Nolan head and the MOH! nolie And here I am with Luke. I'm carrying the flag & he has the rocks. We literally stopped halfway down the aisle to throw rocks into a fountain. me1

I don't want to ruin the bride's surprise and post her pictures, but oh my goodness, was she and Charlie stunning!!! I cried like a baby during the ceremony and am so happy that the two of them found one another because they're just the sweetest couple ever. After the ceremony, we did some family pictures and the boys left to go home with my mom and Aunt Chica. I'm glad I had an extra two sets of hands there to help corral the boys!! Then it was time to party...and BOY did I party! me&j me&K

 From the night before -- fam DSC_0269 DSC_0274

2 comments:

Mitzi G. said...

All 4 for you look great!! I love those shoes in the last picture!!

Tracy said...

Loved the boys, Jenn. It was great to finally meet them in person! They are just too too cute:) I second the fake eyelashes! Best thing ever.