Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hello Again!

I’ve received several emails inquiring about our family since I haven’t posted since our February Disney vacation. Thank you to those who were concerned! We haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth but have been keeping very busy.
DSC_2264

In March, my best friend got engaged so Justin, the boys and I headed down to Cape May, NJ to celebrate with her and her family. It was Nolan & Luke’s first time on the beach this year!

DSC_1909
DSC_1843
DSC_1932

Nolan and Luke will turn 3 in June so, as with all other boys this age, they are full of energy and opinions. They’re like little Vikings and can destroy their bedroom in 3.4 seconds. My couch cushions? They think that they are their “pirate boat” and any time my back is turned, those cushions are off the couch and on the floor.

“Get those cushions back on the couch, boys,” I’ll say. “But mommy, it’s our pirate boat and we need them.” Oy.

DSC_2262

They play together so well and have really been using their imaginations to invent their own games.

Both of them are still napping for 2 - 3 hours every day and have a bed time of 8:00 p.m. They haven't budged from their 27lb and 30lb weights. I went to Old Navy this past weekend and spent a small fortune on summer clothes. Luke is in a 2T pant, Nolan is a 3T in pants, but 2T for shorts. Luke is in a 3T shirt and Nolan is in a 3T or 4T shirt depending on the style.

DSC_2248

Potty training has been hit or miss with Luke. He'll do it when he feels like it but Nolan wants nothing to do with the potty. Once the weather gets warmer, I'm going to have them forego pants around the house and concentrate on getting them to actually begin using the potty every day.

DSC_2254

I'm still working 3 days a week in the city and am home with the boys for 4 days. I've been growing my photography business and things have been going well for me. I've been photographing families, babies and engaged couples and have 2 weddings booked for this year.

Justin and I have a little getaway planned with friends in the beginning of June which I'm looking forward to. After that, we'll be having a pirate-themed 3rd Birthday Party for the boys. We have season passes to Sesame Place and The Philadelphia Zoo that we will continue to use - just like last summer.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Hi there! You mentioned that your boys are still napping 2-3 hours a day and I was wondering if that's all at once or are they still taking two naps a day? I'm trying to figure out when my son should be down to one nap a day but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Brandy said...

Adorable pictures! Btw, I'm your newest GFC follower. Would love it if you'd stop by my blog and consider following me too!

Beth M said...

Your boys have gotten so big!! So sweet. My twin boys will be 3 at the end of July. Here's the big question...have they moved to toddler beds yet? We're struggling with when to make that move. Wondering if you've been brave enough to do it!

Jennifer said...

Hi Beth - I tried responding to your email, but it wouldn't let me :(

Yes, the boys are in big boy beds. We made the transition right after Christmas this year and surprisingly, everything went smoothly. There were some tears the first couple nights & Luke would tell me that he wanted his crib back, but after those initial days, they were great!

Suzanne said...

Welcome back, I was getting worried! :)
Great to see pics of the boys - they've grown in the last month!

Mitzi G. said...

You really are keeping busy........the boys are cuter that ever & that is awesome that you are building your photography client list!!!