Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Disney Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

Before Nolan went to bed the night before, he insisted in sleeping in his Crocs, so when he woke up this morning, I could hear his little feet march across the tile floor into our bedroom as I was drinking my coffee.

We left the resort early and went to The Polynesian to have some breakfast before taking the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. We enjoyed the most delicious breakfast there!

DSC_0439

The monorail was, quite possibly, the coolest thing that has ever happened to the boys (in their eyes, of course).

DSC_0442
DSC_0451

As you can tell, we were very happy to be at the Magic Kingdom!

DSC_0464
DSC_0466
DSC_0468
DSC_0480

We began our day in Tomorrowland and went straight for the Buzz Lightyear ride (or as Luke began to refer to the ride: “Let’s shoot the bad guys”).

DSC_0485
DSC_0489
(I’m taking a picture on the ride…naturally).

DSC_0493
DSC_0496

Next up was the Indy Speedway. At first my little guys didn’t understand why I wasn’t riding with them, but I loved seeing their faces as they drove past me on the bridge!

DSC_0508
DSC_0510
DSC_0513
DSC_0518
DSC_0524
DSC_0545

We managed to do a lot of rides (and the Tiki Room!) in Adventureland. I think Nolan & Luke’s favorite ride was the Jungle Cruise, but I preferred Pirates of the Caribbean!

DSC_0571

We created little Pirates. Aaaarrrg.

DSC_0578
DSC_0582

Before we started back for Main Street, we rode the Haunted Mansion ride and I’m happy to report that the boys weren’t scared at all!

DSC_0591

The parade was pretty cool. I’ve never actually seen it in it’s entirety because I always took advantage of the short lines during it, but I wanted my boys to be able to see some of their favorite characters ride by.

DSC_0594
DSC_0616

Of all the characters they saw that day, this guy was their favorite.

DSC_0624
(they enjoy watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates).

Luckily the crowds weren’t bad this day and we were able to ride all the rides very quickly since the lines were so short. I don’t think we waited more than 10 minutes for any ride. The Speedway may have been the longest.

We went back to the resort and had a nice dinner. The boys went to bed and we stayed up to watch a movie. We could hear some rustling coming from their bedroom, but every time we peeked in, they were both in bed. Finally, we heard their door creek open and we spotted Luke peeking out at us. We told him it was bed time and as we put him back in bed he whispered, “no I don’t.” Thankfully he did because we had another fun day planned for Wednesday. We were having breakfast with the characters at Animal Kingdom!

1 comments:

CJ said...

OMG!!I Can't wait to take my boys!! You have to come back and give everyone with twins TIPS ON how to do it! :)