Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

I haven't blogged since Christmas and so much has happened between then and now.

A few days post-Christmas my parents and brothers came into town to visit. We had a fantastic time playing with Christmas toys and running rampant at Chuck e Cheese. I miss my family so much and it really hits home when they walk through my front door and my youngest brother is almost as tall as I am. Luke and Nolan loved their time with them and asked for them in the week following their visit.

With Christmas behind us, Justin and I were able to finally focus on our upcoming trip to Disney World. We had gone so far as to book the airfare and my parents booked their timeshare before the holidays, but we held off on everything else until January. I'm happy to say that everything is booked and paid for. Now I am just focusing on Disney logistics and timelines. Why is planning a trip to Disney so overwhelming?

I've been preparing the boys for the trip by telling them that we're going to go on an airplane to visit Mickey in a few weeks. Now when they wake up from naps, they'll ask if we're going to Disney today.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'm a terrible flier. I am only "okay" on a flight with a high dose of anxiety meds to knock myself out. You can call me BA Baracus. I am extremely happy that my parents and sister will be traveling with us, especially because I will have extra people on hand in case I have a full-on plane meltdown since I won't be as medicated as usual on the flight since the boys will be with me.

We celebrated my birthday this past weekend. It was nice to hear my kids sing 'Happy Birthday' to me! The boys have been really funny lately with the things that come out of their mouths. I've been taking a lot of video because there's just so much that I never want to forget. The singing has got to be my favorite!

boys-9
boys-12

Being silly.

untitled-12

Luke wearing a headband as shades.

untitled-13

Stacking: probably Luke's favorite activity.

untitled-14

2 comments:

CJ said...

That sounds fun! I would love to take my boys, but I'm going to wait until they are 5 or 6. Just because that's when I went and I still have just a few memories from there, then I didn't go again until i was 14. Don't I wish we could go every year! :)

Mitzi G. said...

You'll have to let me know how the boys do on the flight & at Disney; we have been debating when to take Brayden.