Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My little guy has got my back.

I was walking around Target yesterday pushing Luke in the cart while Mabel was pushing Nolan. The boys were happily munching on their soft pretzels as I wandered up and down the aisles in search of last-minute vacation necessities. I ran into a friend and her 5 year old twins, Ben & Norah, who were happily telling me about their recent trip to Disney. As Norah was telling me how much fun she had on her trip, she grabbed my hand. Well, this apparently was not okay with Luke who put on his angry face and his deep growl-y voice and said, “don’t touch my mommy; I’m a bad guy.” Whaaaat? “I’m a bad guy,” he told her again like this was supposed to scare her away from me. I can still picture his angry, scrunched-up brow as I type this. So funny!

We said goodbye to our friends and continued walking. Luke was in charge of our Shopping List which he accidentally dropped so Mabel walked back a few feet to pick up the list off the ground. As she was doing that a nice old woman was walking by our dropped list. As she got closer to us, Luke (again in his angry, growl-y voice) said, “you can’t have my mommy’s list. That list is for my mommy. I’m a bad guy.” Where is this whole “bad guy” thing coming from?! I couldn’t help but laugh, but at the same time was explaining to him that he and his brother are gentlemen and we don’t speak to people this way. I had a hard time holding back my laughter though.

It’s good to know that my little man has got my back!

untitled-32

4 comments:

melissa78 said...

Oh My God!!! hahah I just love it & can totally picture the "mean face" .

Brenda said...

I LOVE this! Too funny!

Kristine said...

HA! I didn't realize he said to stay away from you too! I just heard the bad guy part. He was hilarious. He did introduce me to Nolan before becoming the "bad guy". My children can be a tad overwhelming when they talk. Maybe that is why he felt the need to protect you.

Mitzi G. said...

I don't think I could have held back my laughter either. Did you ever ask him where "bad guy" came from?