Friday, December 2, 2011

Grinch, Christmas Trees and the Nativity

I feel like so much is happening at once and I just need to get it all out.
  • This past Monday, I was woke early (surprise, surprise) and was enjoying a cup of coffee in my kitchen while catching up on the news. The next thing I knew, I heard a door open upstairs then Nolan was standing beside me saying, "Good morning, I let myself out, mommy." I tried not to laugh, but it was so sweet. He led me back upstairs to get Luke, who was still in his crib. It's definitely time for big boy beds. So much for my waiting until they were 3 theory!
  • I was nervous about how the boys would treat the ornaments on our Christmas tree, but now that it's been up for a week, I can honestly say that they've been fantastic and haven't taken a single one off.
  • The train under the tree is a different story. I left the room for a few minutes only to return to tracks scattered across the room.
  • When I took out the Christmas decorations, Nolan came across his picture with Santa last year where he was crying. He found it fascinating and loves telling everyone that he was 'sad' last year. We haven't been to visit with Santa yet, but both of my boys are ready to tell the big guy what they would like to see under the tree. Luke wants a guitar and Nolan wants drums.
  • Grammie came over the other day to do arts and crafts with the boys and I. She had gathered some pine cones and bought spray glue and glitter so that we could decorate them. It was a mess, but they had fun decorating!
  • The boys have 2 favorite Christmas movies that I have seen COUNTLESS times since before Thanksgiving: How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Polar Express. I could recite both movies in my sleep.
  • Santa sent us an Elf on the Shelf on Thanksgiving and the boys (ahem, daddy & I) named him Neville in honor of Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter. He's been keeping a watchful eye on Luke and Nolan every day.
  • Nolan loves to hold Baby Jesus from our nativity set. He says "oooh, Baby Jesus," then he'll give me Mary and tell me that she's "Baby Jesus' Mommy." So sweet! At this very moment, he just picked up Baby Jesus and said "are you okay, baby?" and then he picked up Mary and said "I make it all better" then picked up the lamb and said "the mommy is a girl." **I'm so glad I have my laptop at the very moment he's touching the nativity.**
It has been insanely warm around here considering it was November, but you won't find me complaining. I was able to do a few successful photo shoots (Click Here to see my photo blog!) and get pictures for our family Christmas card! This was no small task considering it's nearly impossible to get my boys to sit still or even look anywhere near my camera.

DSC_0015
DSC_0065
DSC_0046
DSC_0038
DSC_0026
DSC_0022

3 comments:

kristi said...

Cuties!

Lisa said...

Just when I thought the boys couldnt get ANY cuter...they did! Miss you!! I've been reading your blog, but just havent had the time to comment. So hello :) Merry christmas to you and yours :)

Mitzi G. said...

I can't believe the boys are sitting for photos like that........I AM JEALOUS!!!!