Sunday, September 18, 2011

Phillies Weekend!

We had a very busy weekend and I'm exhausted tonight, but it was all worth it. On Friday afternoon, Justin and I took the boys out to run some errands and we stopped by a park before packing it in for the night.

We made the boys favorite dinner -- turkey tacos. I didn't have a taco until I was 16 (crazy, I know) so I'm happy that my little men like them so much!

DSC_0641
DSC_0655
DSC_0676
DSC_0687
DSC_0697
DSC_0707

I quickly realized after it started getting very chilly out that I was totally unprepared for the fall weather as far as my boys were concerned. Mom Mom had bought the boys some pants and shirts, but we definitely needed more, so I ran out while they were taking a nap on Saturday and spent a pretty penny on some new duds for my little guys.

After they woke from their nap, we took them to Grammie & Pop's house to spend the night because Justin and I had tickets to the Phillies game with Chica & Eric. This was our first time this year going to the game as a foursome!

It was very chilly, but the tailgating was fun and we made some fun new friends!

P9170633
P9170641
P9170644

We picked a great night for a game because the Phils clinched the 2011 NL East!!

P9170730
P9170853
P9170879

I picked the boys up early from Grammie & Pop's house and we went home to visit with Mom Mom, Poppy and Aunt Christa before heading out to the zoo for the afternoon.

This was their first time going to the zoo where they were both really excited about seeing animals. Nolan was psyched to see the monkeys while Luke kept saying from the back seat, "sssh, be quiet, animals sleeping." Even when we got to the zoo he would tell me to be quiet because the animals were asleep!

It was a long and busy weekend and I'm looking forward to a day alone tomorrow with my little guys to wind-down -- as much as I possibly can with two two year olds!

1 comments:

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I can't believe you didn't have a taco until you were 16! That's crazyness!!! I'm totally unprepared for fall too, good thing it's still 100 degrees in California :)