Friday, September 16, 2011

Chilly Morning

We woke up to a gorgeous and chilly morning, so after we had breakfast, we drove to the park.

Luke immediately asks to swing and I'm always happy to oblige!
DSC_0601

Look how happy it makes him!

DSC_0602

Nolan stuck to the big swing but quickly decided that he'd rather push Luke higher!

DSC_0606
DSC_0609
DSC_0608

Nolan found a couple of sticks and began banging them on the ground. I asked if he was playing the drums and he said, "no mommy, I'm cooking." "What are you cooking, buddy?" I asked, "hamburgers," is what he told me.

DSC_0617

DSC_0619
DSC_0620
DSC_0593

There's a 9/11 Memorial at the park and this was the reason I brought my camera with me. The boys, Grammie and I had visited earlier in the week and the boys LOVED running through the flags, but this morning, they really didn't have much interest in them.

DSC_0627

I thought it was a nice way to remember the victims of September 11th on the 10 year anniversary.

DSC_0626

Last night, before bed time, a rainbow appeared in the sky. The four of us went out front and we (I) sung the rainbow song.

DSC_0583

We're enjoying the beautiful day with our windows open!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love the shift in the weather we're having. Great for outdoor play!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

The pic of Nolan pushing Luke is so adorable!! The pic you took of the flags is beautiful too!