Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beach Bums

Confession: I'm addicted to the beach so I took the boys (again) to Ocean City on Monday with Grammie and Aunt Chica.

They both start Kinder Camp next week (which is a big step for me), so I thought it would be fun to squeeze in some extra ocean time before we start.

DSC07252
We woke up on Monday morning and I told them that we were going to the beach so Nolan grabbed his water shoes and brought them to me (he's learning!). They were also pretty excited that they had bathing suits that looks just like one their daddy owns.

One the ride down they had a ham and cheese hoagie and we sung songs and talked about what we were going to do once we arrived.

There were loads of other children for the boys to look at and play with, but they mostly wanted to play with us. At two different times, I took just one of the boys and we went for a walk down the beach. Nolan wanted to jump off the rocks (which was a lot of fun!) and Luke wanted to be held as I pointed out different things like seagulls, the ferris wheel or other kids playing with their families.
DSC07265
At one point, Luke was eating a cheeze-it and he dropped it. A seagull came and snatched it out of the sand and Luke said, "My cheezie." He was genuinely upset that the seagull came and took his snack! After that, when he'd see a bird, he'd say, "bad bird!" and chase after it until it flew away.
DSC07231
I was a nice afternoon, but it's a lot of work lugging two boys, plus beach chairs, an umbrella, drinks, snacks and sand toys to the beach for just one day! Justin says that I over-pack, but I think that those are essentials!
DSC07254
Kinder Camp is next week and I am trying to mentally prepare myself for it. It is only 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day, but it's a big step for me to put my trust in someone I don't know to watch after my guys. Deep breaths. They're going to have a great time playing with other kids their age!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

OK, you make a beach trip look EASY! We just returned from the beach and OH MY GOD! I, like you, need to be prepared with the essentials. Between the kids stuff and our stuff, we should have hired a camel.

Glad to see you are having a great summer!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

What a fun trip!! I wish I was closer to the beach, I'd be there every day. Good luck with Kinder Camp, I bet the boys will love it!

WhitneyDawn said...

I recently stumbled upon your site and I love reading about your twins. We are currently 35 weeks along with twin boys and seeing all the fun you have with your two makes me even more excited to welcome our two boys into the world. Any day now!

jennp said...

Funny, I was next to you guys with my 2.5 year old twin boys down by the ocean. Small world!