Tuesday, July 19, 2011

1st day at Kinder Camp

kiddiecamp

Grammie had the boys go down for an early nap and she woke them at 12:45 for their first afternoon at Kinder Camp which started at 1:30. Nolan was excited and was clapping his hands and saying, "yea kids!" on the ride over to the camp.

Grammie said that everything happened quickly. They arrived and the boys took off to start playing with toys while the other kids arrived. Luke hung back a little bit while Nolan was playing with the blocks. After that, the teachers had all the adults leave so that there wouldn't be any meltdowns.

Two and a half hours later, the teacher told Grammie that both boys were very good and there weren't any tears.

My mom even witnessed the boys helping to clean up then the teacher asked the kids to head over to their spot at the table. Luke and Nolan walked over like good little boys and sat in their chairs. When the parents & grandparents came into the room, Luke held up his picture for Grammie and was so proud!

I have to be honest: I was stressed out over today. I woke at 3 a.m. and my heart began beating fast and I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that I was putting the boys into someone else's care. This is no big deal for most parents, but it was the first time I had done it, so I was nervous, but I knew that they'd have a great time when all was said and done.

Tomorrow is Teddy Bear Day and the kids get to bring their favorite teddy with them!

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Say it after me - "It will be OK".

I was the same way when I put my kids in daycare last year. There was a small window of adjustment but now? They absolutely love it. I can't even get them to leave some afternoons. They talk about their teachers and friends all of the time (well, as much as a 21-month old can). Just focus on the fun they're having!