Sunday, June 12, 2011

A day at the beach

If you've been following my blog since the boys have been born, you'll know that they have a love/hate relationship with the beach. Specifically, the sand. I put my game plan into action this past weekend in preparation for our week-long beach vacation in August.

I wanted to get the boys on the beach a few times before our vacation so that I could get them excited about spending a week there. I didn't want a repeat of last year where we'd take them to the beach and they'd only stay for an hour because they didn't like the sand.

It was very cloudy in Philly on Saturday, but it wasn't going to stop us from taking the boys to Ocean City. I was going back and forth with whether to go or not, but we only live once! Luckily, our gamble paid off because we had a nice day.

We arrived, set up the tent and sure enough, Nolan and Luke were in heaven!
DSC_0088
DSC_0089
DSC_0100
DSC_0112
DSC_0103
DSC_0178
DSC_0197
Aunt Brenda met us on the beach with Karen and James.
This little guy is a heart-stealer!
DSC_0138
DSC_0205
DSC_0216
The boys had a blast. Luke, as usual, was completely unafraid and took to the water immediately. Nolan preferred to be held while he was in the water. Both of them liked when we would hold them and dip their legs into the waves as they were crashing. I could have done that all afternoon if the Atlantic wasn't so dang cold!

There weren't any issues with the sand either! Nolan really doesn't like his hands or feet to be dirty, so I was concerned about him not liking the sand, but he was totally fine with it!

After a couple of hours, we went back to Aunt Brenda's house to get cleaned up then we went to the boardwalk for a while. The boys had their first taste of Mack & Manco's pizza (mommy & daddy's favorite!), before heading to Wonderland Pier for some rides!

Justin accidentally hit the manual focus button on my lens, so these pictures turned out a bit blurry, but trust me, the boys were having a BLAST!

DSC_0266
DSC_0262
DSC_0277
DSC_0281
Can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

So, I've just spent a half hour catching up on your blog! I love ALL the recent pictures of those beautiful boys!! Seeing them play together gets me even more excited about having 2 boys of my own. :) I can't believe that they are almost TWO! That means that H is not far behind...where has the time gone?!

I hope the boys enjoy the beach this year. Hampton had no problems last year, but he was petrified of the water this year. They keep you guessing, that's for sure!

Mitzi G. said...

I am very jealous that you spent the day at the beach!

I am so happy that the boys don't mind the sand & that your august vacation will be a success!!

WhitneyDawn said...

I have loved reading your blog and all your stories of your boys. We are currently 29 weeks along with twin boys on the way and reading about your boys makes me even more excited for my two to come. I especially love going back and reading about your pregnancy, it makes all the things I'm going through feel normal!

CJ said...

Lots so fun!!! Your boys are so pale compared to you and your hubby!! I need to go there!

Jennifer said...

CJ, I am cracking up! It's so true!!! Justin is very olive-complected, but my tan is *very* fake. aka, spray-tan!! I do it the safe way!