Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All Aboard

The boys' birthday is in 14 days.

By this time last year, I had every single party detail finalized. I hand made decorations, I planned the menu, I bought party favors, I ordered the balloons and cake, I bought their birthday party outfits. On top of all that, I made a DVD set to music of my boys' entire first year which took me weeks.

This year is an entirely different story!

All that I have done is.....
jenv_invite_proof

The invitations.

And I didn't even "make" them; I ordered them from etsy.

What's so different this year? I guess it's just the comfort of knowing that, even if I wait until a week before their birthday, it will all get done.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I totally relate! I am so behind on party planning this year. I cant believe that our boys will be two! We are doing a disney cars theme this year.. Nothing major just a BBQ with family and a few friends.

Cassie said...

I'm the opposite-for the last 2 years I have left ALL of the party planning to my MIL (who loves that sort of stuff) and we just had family over. But this year I decided to have a separate party for his friends and I made a lot of the decorations and things myself. Honestly, I was exhausted afterward. I'll probably take the easy road from now on LOL

Mitzi G. said...

LOVE the invites!!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I totally could have written this post! I'm due with #2 two weeks before Kaylins 2nd birthday. There wont be a party but I'm hoping we can do something really special. The boy's invites are SUPER cute though!!

Mindy Sauer said...

... It's also a lot more difficult to get stuff done when you're more concerned about chasing after and creating stimulating activities for two ACTIVE toddlers. Quite a change from last year! :) Happy Birthday, boys! We're only a month into being two, but it's already proven to be very fun (minus the "nnoooooooo!"s :)