Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day!

This is my 400th post and I couldn't think of a better blog milestone than to have it be about my second Mother's Day!

We kicked off our Mother's Day weekend with a trip to the zoo on Saturday morning. The weather was perfect and the boys were extremely well-behaved, so it really couldn't have gone any better.

Posing for pictures with mom is not something we do well.
P5079391

P5079352
We do pose well with dinosaur statues, however.
P5079356

P5079358
We spent quite a bit of time in the Primate House because it was so fun for us all!
P5079365

P5079366

P5079377

P5079408

P5079413

P5079428

P5079437
When Nolan's eyes fell upon this train, he directed us all over to it. It was $3 per child and so I went to give the conductor my cash. He politely informed me that I'd need to purchase a ticket at some booth which was not near the train.

When we began walking over to the ticket booth, Nolan was crying, "train, traaaaaain," over and over again. Poor little guy! After we bought the tickets and went back, there was a line to ride the train. He was upset that he had to wait, but he did a very good job waiting (not so) patiently.

P5079442

It was finally our turn!! They were both so, so happy to be on the choo-choo.
P5079444
After the zoo, we went back home and the boys took naps while daddy and I got some chores done. We went to the mall after that and did a little shopping which was MUCH easier when I had Justin with me!

The boys had just woken from a nap, so that may also have been why they didn't mind sitting in the stroller while we walked them around.

Aunt Chica and Uncle Eric came over on Saturday night and Justin grilled us a delicious steak dinner! Such a fun end to the day.

On Sunday morning, I opened my lovely Mother's Day presents and cards, then Justin asked me what I wanted for breakfast. "Huevos Rancheros," I answered without really thinking. The last time I had them was on our honeymoon in Mexico.

He whipped me up the best huevos rancheros I ever tasted! What made it even more special, was that Nolan ate about half my breakfast! He LOVED huevos rancheros! Justin made the boys cheesy eggs, but he wanted mine. Maybe he'll have a love for Mexico just like his mommy.

After breakfast & nap time, it was off to Mom Mom & Poppy's house to play before we went to dinner at one of our favorite Italian Restaurants, Adriano's.

I didn't get a picture of my little guys once they were wearing their adorable dinner outfits!
P5089449

P5089452

P5089456

P5089461
We asked Nolan if he'd like to sit with mommy for a picture. "No," he politely told us.
Okaaaay.
This was the best I could do.
P5089463
Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

Dee said...

These are great! Isn't it amazing how they'll NEVER sit and take a good picture with you? :) Love the one of yall looking over the railing!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Aww glad you had such a good weekend. The zoo looked like a lot of fun. I know how hard it is to get my little one to take a good picture, I can't imagine getting two littles to cooperate, lol.