Friday, May 6, 2011

Book recommendations?

I had zero interest in using a Kindle to read books until I received one as a gift and was forced to buy e-books. Now, I can't imagine not using one to read! The problem for me is that I've been going through books like crazy and am having a hard time deciding what to read next.

The last book that I REALLY enjoyed was "Unbroken: a World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption." It's a true story of Louie Zamperini, a US Olympian who joined the Army Air Corps during WWII. Amazing is all I can say.
I'm now on a "war kick" and have added "Lone Survivor" to my Wish List (that book sounds really good!).

I would love to hear some book recommendations from some of my blog friends. I enjoy reading just about everything, but I'm not a fan of romance novels. I've heard about the "Outlander" series and that's on my list, so if you've read them, please tell me what you thought.

I'm currently reading "The Name of the Wind: the KingKiller Chronicle: Day One." Someone recommended that to me once they heard I liked Harry Potter. I'm only about 20 pages in though.

Any good reads??

2 comments:

Chelsea Faherty said...

The Hunger Games. It is a trilogy. The first one is the hunger games, then mockingjay, and catching fire. I read all 3 of them in a week. So good!

CJ said...

The 2nd one is Catching Firej and the MockingJay. The first book was the best and I would stick with that one. Susanne Collins should have stopped with the 1st one.
Another Trilogy is the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking. Similar to Twilight type stuff, but no vampires.