Monday, April 25, 2011

Dyeing Easter Eggs

Is it 'dyeing' or 'dying' Easter eggs? Google offered me no help, so 'dyeing' it is.

This post is going to cover Saturday -- the day before Easter. Justin and I did some running around with the boys then headed home for some egg-dyeing fun. At this point in the day, it started getting hot. I had already baked two batches of cookies plus a cake, so the house was especially warm. The boys stripped their clothes off, I put on some shorts and we began our project.

We dyed the eggs the 'old fashioned' way: food coloring, vinegar and water.

Before we started the project, Justin asked me "how are we going to dye the eggs?" He asked if I bought a kit, but I told him that we were going to do it the way I did when I was little: with spoons!

We had a blast!


Nolan was listening to his egg very intently.
Nolie Power!!





I tried to pose for a picture with my sons, but they were more interested in my mixer and the attachments.

Luke liked coloring his tray.

2 comments:

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Looks like the boys had a lot fun! Love the picture of you three, they're totally going for the mixer, lol.

Mitzi G. said...

B had no interest in doing ours so I did them this year by myself when he napped........maybe next year he'll be into it.