Sunday, April 3, 2011

and the 1st set of stitches goes to...

Nolan.

I was at work last Wednesday when my cell phone rang. My mom was on the other line telling me that everything was okay, but Nolan fell outside on our front step and split his lip open. I could hear the little guy crying in the background and it broke my heart. She had taken him inside, cleaned him up and gave him some ice to put on his lip, but she thought that he'd need stitches.

I knew that I couldn't make it home quickly because my train only runs every half hour at that point in the day. I called Justin and he was able to leave work immediately. My mom met him at the plastic surgeon's office and the doctor was able to stitch him up very nicely.

My big boy got three stitches on the left side of his bottom lip. He cried when he saw the doctor, but Justin assured me that everything was over very quickly and he was up-and-at-em right after the whole ordeal. He gave his daddy a high-five after the doctor was done stitching him up. The stitches are clear and will dissolve on their own so we won't have to go back in and scare the poor little guy.

When I arrived home, I gave my little guy lots of hugs and kisses. He says "boo boo" and touches his lip.

He's healing nicely and I am not looking forward to having this happening again!! I'm going to make a bubble boy suit for them.

8 comments:

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Aww poor guy!! Glad it wasn't TOO serious and he's doing ok. When you make those bubble suits, make sure to sell those because I'm going to need them!!

Kristin said...

Poor guy! Glad he handled it well, though - I'd be a mess! :)

Mitzi G. said...

poor little guy; I don't think I am going to handle broken bones or stitches well at all but I figure with 2 little boys I better try really hard to prepare myself for it to happen :)

Giustina said...

Oh no my poor boyfriend!!! I'm glad he took it like a champ! Give him hugs and kisses from Aunt G!

Momma Wilson said...

poor dude:(I'm glad you all made it through, I'm looking for a bubble suit as well!

Tracy said...

Poor Nolan! Luckily chicks dig scars:) I can't believe how big they are both getting...just adorable, Jen. I agree with the bubble wrap, I tell Greg all the time I want to wrap Grady in bubble wrap and have him wear a helmet!

Jennifer said...

Thanks ladies! I may have to look into this bubble-suit idea ;-)

Tracy, I can't believe you're little girl will be here soon!! Very exciting!

Kristine said...

oh no! Poor Nolan! Ben was a little over 2 for our first trip (thankfully, no more stitches yet - but I doubt we'll make it his WHOLE childhood)

Ben fell in the pillow department at Bed Bath and Beyond and busted his forehead open.

Active Little Boys - Gotta love 'em!