Friday, March 18, 2011

Day at the Zoo

We bought a season pass to the Philadelphia Zoo this year and since today was the first beautiful day since we got the passes, Grammie & I decided that it would be the perfect day to visit the zoo.

Justin and I hyped it up to the boys all morning long. We told them that they would be going to the zoo to see the animals. "Zoo," they kept repeating all morning.

It was surprisingly crowded being as though it's only March, but I guess everyone else had the same idea we did - 75 degrees in March doesn't happen too often and we'd better take advantage!

We were only there for about 15 minutes when this beautiful peacock walked by. Nolan caught one glimpse of him and chased him around for about 10 minutes. The peacock couldn't even be bothered with him - he just kept walking around no matter how close the boys got.
"Look at this, mom!"
After the peacock, I didn't think the boys would be too interested in any other animal. I was SO wrong! They were fascinated by everything - especially the sea otters. I didn't get a picture of that though.










We had a blast, but it was incredibly crowded, so we left after two hours. We only visited half of the zoo exhibits! We still have so much more to see! Next time....

3 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

What a fun day at the zoo. I love seeing all the pics of the boys in action. It looks like they had a great time. Seeing them walking around with their big boy jeans on it just amazes me how big they are getting. Cute as always of course!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

Such great photos! Captured the day perfectly. It's fun to follow your boys because they are few months older then our girls so it helps me see "what's to come". :)

Mitzi G. said...

I can't wait to take B to the zoo this year. I think that he is going to LOVE it!!