Friday, January 7, 2011

18 Month Well Visit

Luke and Nolan's 18 month well visit was this morning. We woke up to snow which was nice and by the time we arrived back home from the doctor, the snow had stopped falling. Only two inches, but it's enough to make everything look pretty.

Luke was first to be seen and he weighed in at 21lbs 4oz. He still remains my little skinny-mini! He did have a growth spurt though and shot up to 31 3/4 inches. I could definitely tell by the way his pants have been fitting him!

Nolan was next and he weighed in at 23lbs 6oz. I could have sworn he was like 26 lbs - he seems so heavy to me! He is in the 90th percentile for height being 33 1/2 inches.

The doctor asked about how they were eating and how many words they were saying.
  • milk
  • bye bye
  • no
  • Nol (Nolan)
  • Luu (Luke)
  • one
  • bus
  • more
  • dada
  • muuum (mommy)
  • Pop (I love when we pull into Pop's driveway & the just know to say "Pop!")
  • baby
  • truck (they don't say the 'ck' but they're trying!)
  • nose
  • bath
  • teeth
  • shoe
  • night night
  • choo choo
  • book

  • They are beginning to answer me when I ask them questions like, "Nolan, is there a poopy in your diaper?" He shakes his head 'yes' and lays down on the floor to be changed.

    They're wearing size 5 diapers although Luke could definitely wear a size 4. I refuse to buy two different sized diapers though. Nolan is just too tall for a 4. They look like thongs on him!

    Nolan is in 24 month clothing and Luke is wearing 18 month.

    That's about all I can remember for this update!

    4 comments:

    Mitzi G. said...

    I wouldn't buy 2 different sizes either..........cute as always!!

    Meant to be a mom said...

    So glad to hear they had a good 18 month visit. They are talking really good. Before you know it you'll be potty training them :)

    They are adorable.

    Jennifer said...

    I love that they know to say pop. How sweet is that! They are looking like little guys....so adorable as always!

    Marcia (123 blog) said...

    We buy different sizes and different brands after K kept soaking through her old nappies.

    And we also went for our 18-month visit yesterday, except to the nurse not to the paed. I still have to write about that