Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa Claus

I love this time of year. I don't mind the hustle & bustle of shopping, wrapping, baking and celebrating. The ONLY thing I don't enjoy about this time of year is work. It has been keeping me extremely busy and when I do have some free time I just don't want to plop down in front of my laptop and blog!

Last week, Mom Mom & I took the boys to the mall for their Christmas portraits (which I am SO HAPPY with!) and a visit to Santa Claus.

The boys were great during their photo shoot at the portrait studio. The photographer got a picture of the two of them together, but they aren't smiling. Of course. At this point, I've just accepted the fact that it will probably be a few years before they will both be in the same picture, looking at the camera and smiling! Their individual shots turned out lovely though and I can't wait to share them!

After picture time, we took a walk over to see Santa. As we were waiting in line, both boys were happy. Luke had a look of wonder and anticipation on his little face and Nolan was playing with the straw from my drink, so he was happy too.

Once they hit Santa's lap, it looked like this:

Nolan was upset with me and Luke was just fascinated with Santa. It was like last year, when at 6 months old, Luke reached up and tugged on Santa's beard!

This past Sunday, Mom Mom & Poppy took us to the New Hope Santa Express for a train ride, cookies & hot chocolate with Santa & Mrs. Claus. We had a fun time, but Nolan was a little afraid of his new surroundings. When the train began moving, he became a little upset. He eventually warmed-up to the train and he didn't cry when he saw Santa! Luke had a good time - he liked when the guitarist sang Christmas carols.

The Christmas season is well under way and I'm enjoying it. I have a few more trips planned for the boys and Justin and I are looking forward to our yearly Christmas in NYC trip.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Work has me so busy too, and I'm over it! Gotta love year-end :/

I'm dying at the santa picture. Poor guys!

Meant to be a mom said...

That santa picture had me rolling. Poor Nolan, he looks absolutely terrified but I couldn't help but laugh. Its a typical santa picture. Gotta love it!
The boys are so cute. I'm glad they had a good time and enjoyed the music.

Mitzi G. said...

Their Santa picture is classic......

Mrs.F said...

Haha that photo is priceless! I wonder what Gianna will do this year with Santa... she LOVED the Easter bunny so we'll see :)

Can't wait to see their professional pics!