Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nolan - words & belts

This past Saturday, I was up at 6:15 a.m. (I'm an early riser) and I heard Nolan making noise from his crib in the nursery. I could have easily went in and put him back down so that he can sleep until his usual 7:30 wake-up time, but instead I picked him up out of his crib and brought him downstairs with me so that I could have some one-on-one time.

We sat on the couch under a blanket next to our Christmas tree playing peek-a-boo and making funny faces. He loves to mimic funny faces!

After a while, Tank came downstairs so Nolan and I opened the back door so that Tank could go out into the yard and do his business. Nolan started pointing to his playhouse on our patio but I told him that he couldn't go out to play because it was only in the 30's that morning and we were in our jammies. Instead, I held him in my arms, wrapped us up in a a blanket and stepped out onto the patio. He wanted to get down and play, but I told him that it was too cold out and we needed to go back inside - we were only out for about 20 seconds.

When we got back inside, I heard Nolan say "col." My face lit up and I said, "yes, it is cold outside, isn't it?" I love to hear him repeat words.

When they were little, I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to hear what their voices sound like. It's happening.

Some of his favorite words:

choo-choo -- for the train that is under the Christmas tree.
Night Night
Bye Bye
Baaa -- which means bath
Belt -- he's obsessed with belts. We don't know why.
Mil -- milk

You can't really tell from this picture, but he's looking at the "choo-choo" while holding onto a belt :-)

1 comments:

Siany said...

aw thats lovely. Great photo too x