Monday, November 15, 2010

Ohio Weekend

On last Thursday, my 3 men & I took a 7 hour car ride to Ohio to visit Grandmom, Grandpop, Uncle Josh, Uncle Zach & Aunt Anne (and their doggies). We left at 8:30 on Thursday morning and had a very smooth ride out to Ohio. The boys were very content with the help of a 45 minute pit-stop at a BK Playland and some sing-along DVDs.

This was our first time staying at a hotel with Luke & Nolan. On previous vacations, we've always stayed in condos which was nice because of separate bedrooms and a kitchen!

It was hard getting them to sleep on Thursday night, but once they finally did, it was a pretty event-free night.

On Friday morning daddy had a business trip to make so Grandmom came and got the boys & we headed on over to their house for a little bit of play-time!

Nolan & Chewie

Giving Bonnie a kiss.

Grandpop & the boys played on the trampoline!

It resulted in some static hair!

Grandmom has an awesome camera that I am super-jealous of!

Playing under the trampoline is just as much fun as playing on top!

Once daddy arrived, he manned the camera for a bit!

The slot machine was a very big hit with Luke & Nolan!

Later that night, after Uncle Josh & Uncle Zach arrived home from school, we went to the park. This is about when Nolan started to get sick.

Having fun with my youngest brother!

I really need to figure out how to nail the focus.
I'm such an ameture!!

That night was pretty rough once we got back to the hotel. Luke fell asleep easily, but Nolan wasn't able to rest until well after 2:00 a.m. Nolie is very comforted by his daddy, so Justin ended up staying up all night with him. The poor little guy was up every half hour or so.

We were supposed to go the Akron Zoo on Saturday, but since Nolan wasn't feeling well and we had such a tough night at the hotel, we decided to cut our trip short and make the long drive back home so that he could rest in his own crib in his familiar house. I hated leaving after only 2 days, but I couldn't imagine spending another night in the hotel like the previous night.

Before we left on Saturday afternoon, we had some of Grandmom's DELICIOUS breakfast then spent time playing in the yard.

The boys really LOVE their Uncle Josh! He's so much fun!

Grandpop took us for a ride around the yard! Nolan was napping so unfortunately he missed this part :(

Then it was my turn to play farmer mommy!!

I had a blast and can't wait to go out for another visit!


Rebekah said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a fun time. I hope Nolan is feeling better.

Mitzi G. said...

Hope Nolan is feeling better; it looks like a wonderful time was had by everyone though!!