Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sweet 16

Happy Sweet 16, boys!! Teenage boys don't typically celebrate their "sweet sixteen," so that's what we'll call their 16 month-mark!
Nolan popped out the word "diaper" today. He said it as clear as day and all Justin and I could do was laugh! They are both still mimicking words and it's fun to try and get them to say different things. Some of their consistent words are: ball, milk (sounds like "meh'), bath, nighty night, bye bye, dada, mom, up (which really sounds like 'pph'), pop. They still haven't said "no" yet...which makes me happy!
This evening, I was sitting on the couch watching the boys play together as they rolled around on the floor and give each other hugs and it brought a tear (or two, or three) to my eye. They make me so happy sometimes. Other times they make me want to cry for a different reason, but tonight they made me so, so happy.
Our house is decorated for Halloween and the days are turning cooler. Justin carved the first pumpkin of the season and we have had the heat on in the house for about a week or two. We're coming up on our favorite time of the year - the holidays. I am really looking forward to sharing it with Luke & Nolan this year.

4 comments:

Mitzi G. said...

They are so cute & yeah for them both looking at the camera!!

They holidays are going to be so fun with little ones walking around this year.

Natalie A. said...

They are so cute and growing fast! Wow!

Meant to be a mom said...

They are truly so precious. I can't hardly believe its already October and your boys are 16 months old.

I love that you had a teary moment the other night. I think its great when you sit back and are truly grateful for these amazing joys God has blessed us with.

I completely agree about the season. I love the holiday seasons coming up as well and this year will be so much fun with the boys.

Andra said...

I just stumbled across your blog from The Bump. I just had b/g twins on 6/24/10! I must admit I am enjoying browsing your blog and can't believe that a year from now our little ones will be acting like yours are on your video. Too crazy!