Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mommy Rant

Coming to work is like walking into the germ-infested danger zone. It seems like every corner I turn, someone is sick. I can not take it anymore! Is it too much to ask that people stay home when they are hacking up a lung or are running a fever? They could even just lock themselves in their office with a quarantine notice on the door -- I'd settle for that!

I hate being this way, but I am so scared of passing along a cold to my kids. It just isn't fair to them. Not to mention, I feel terrible when they aren't feeling well and there isn't anything I can do to make them better quicker.

My hands will be raw from the all of the washing and sanitizing I do when someone hands me a stack of papers after they've just been coughing! I may even start spraying Lysol into the air before people approach me...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This bugs me too! I am getting ready to post about our stomach bug we had around the house. The boys picked this up from MOPS.

Alison said...

I totally know what you mean! I'm pregnant and I practically want to wear a gas mask at work to keep all the germy people away from me. It's so rude to come to work when you are sick!!

Erin said...

Seriously -- so annoying. And I realize that some people don't have sick days and cannot afford to miss a day of pay to stay home sick -- the system is broken! But that is an entirely different conversation. My boys are both sick with a nasty, croupy cold/cough -- and I fully blame it on some irresponsible parent taking his/her sick child to MyGym. Keep your sick children home!