Wednesday, October 6, 2010

molars be damnded

My typically sweet-tempered Luke was in misery late last week. He was running a fever, had a runny nose and some sleep troubles, so I chalked it up to a cold. Come Saturday afternoon, he was refusing food for the second day in a row and I was worried about a possible ear infection, so I took him to the pediatrician.

He was weighed like a big boy on the big boy scale and weighed 21.6 lbs! He is skinny like his mama. He was SO happy to be standing on that scale - I wish I had a camera. Then we got into the exam room and that's where the happiness ended. My goodness he was not happy to be there. The doctor arrived and discovered that the reason for his misery was that he had a big ol' molar coming through his gums. No ear infection. That's just my paranoia.

I really wish that there was more I could do for them when they're in pain. Every mom wishes the same thing. It is so difficult to sit with your baby on your lap while he's looking up at you with tears running down his face because he isn't feeling well.

Molars, be damned.

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh, how I dread the molar's. I can only imagine how badly it must hurt. Poor baby, I hope the pain has gone away and the happiness is back.

Mitzi G. said...

Brayden cut 4 at one time & it was so horrible for him; we hated to see him so unhappy & in pain & there be nothing that we could do!

Hope that he is feeling better!