Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One Year Stats

I know that this is a couple of weeks late, but their appointment with the pediatrician wasn't until a week after they turned one. I still can't believe I'm calling them 'one-year-olds', by the way.

Nolan is 30 1/2 inches long and weighs 22 lbs 3 oz.

Luke is 28" long and weighs 19 lbs 12 oz.

They are both on whole milk now. They get 2 bottles a day: breakfast & before bed time. Sippy cups are used for milk the rest of the day. They also use a sippy thermos for water.

On their first birthday, we arrived home from the aquarium and were playing; that's when I noticed that Nolan had 3 teeth popped through up top! They were in addition to his bottom tooth which popped out a few weeks before.

As of today, Luke has 2 top teeth & 2 bottom teeth.

Nolan has 3 up top and one on the bottom.

I don't know why I was so worried about teeth because it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with their development & motor skills such as walking, crawling, talking, etc. The teeth are here and they won't need to wear baby dentures!

They've been walking since: 10 1/2 months for Nolan; 11 1/2 months for Luke. By this point, they can cross a room in about .004 seconds. Kidding of course, but they are quick!

They eat three meals a day plus snacks in between.

Favorite foods include:
strawberry waffles
yogurt
grilled cheese
pastina & chicken broth
chicken nuggets or tenders
puffs
cheddar goldfish
american cheese
pretzels

They both spit out any fruit I give them. The only fruit that they'll eat is mashed jar fruit.

They have mimicked words we say , but not well. I've heard: "Loo" once from Nolan in reference to Luke after I said 'Luke'. "Ba" in reference to 'ball' when I repeat it over & over.

They will either lift their shirts or look down when asked "Where's your belly?"

They both dance when music is playing - even commercials! Luke especially loves to hear music and bounces or sways along to the beat.

Nolan loves to give "nosey kisses" and rubs his nose against mine when I ask for one.

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

The boys are growing up. It sounds like they are doing great.

It makes me feel so much better to hear you talking about them not getting a whole mouth full of teeth at 6 months like some kids.
My son still hasn't gotten a tooth at 9-1/2 months. But he is right on target developmentally. Our doc said not to worry so I won't. I just wonder when he will actually get one?

I can't believe I've been following your blog for so long. I'm so happy to see that we both have our little angels now. Its such a blessing :)

Mitzi G. said...

I think that as moms we tend to stress about every little thing that they are going through, have gone through, or even might go through in the near future........including teething :)

stacey said...

I can't believe you have one year olds! Where has the time gone??!!

Sarah said...

They are getting so big! My boys did not start getting teeth until 11 months old. My pedi told me there were studies that the longer they come in, the less likely they need braces. I don't know if that was true or he was just saying that to make me feel better having teethless babies. For being born 7 weeks early, they have been on track for milestones.