Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's going on?

Over the weekend, I had a few people mention to me that they log onto my blog daily to see new posts, only -- my posting has been scarce. Making the time is just not as easy as it used to be. When the boys were in their early months, they slept a lot which gave me loads of time to post new pictures of them and share new things they were learning or doing. As time goes on, their needs are greater and my time is divided between working, keeping the boys occupied (and out of trouble!), keeping them fed (they are hungry little men!), cleaning the house, doing laundry and the list goes on.

I will use this post as an opportunity to catch everyone up on what goes on with us all.

Me -- I'm still working three days a week and home with the boys four. I sometimes look forward to my office days because when I am at home, it's like working a manual labor job. The running, carrying, lifting, cleaning and chasing never ends!

Justin -- Work travel has slowed down quite a bit which I'm happy about. I really miss him when he is gone and, of course, it's easier for ME when he's around! He planted a vegetable garden in our backyard and it's coming in so nicely!

Luke & Nolan -- this picture (which was sent via text from my mom) just about sums it up... She sent the picture along with a sweet message: Your children are destroying my house. Awesome.

Luke -- He started walking the other day!! He's doing it more and more each day which is fun to see. He is our big eater. I can see him eating us out of house & home in his teenage years. He loves pulling on curtains and attacking the vacuum cleaner - whether it's running or not. He makes the most hysterical noises - I love when he growls.

Nolan -- He's a full-time walker so it's funny to watch him when he gets tired because he stumbles around like he's drunk. He smiles & laughs at everything, especially when I make funny faces at him. He still loves to tackle Luke (I could watch them play like that for hours!). He makes very funny & charming faces.

Cell phone picture at Home Depot.

Yes, I take my children out without shoes. We are urban hillbillies!

Tank -- The boys have been keeping him on his toes lately. Now that they are both walking, he really isn't safe! Other than licking the boys' faces, all he really does is sleep. Par for the course!

Summer is in full swing and June is jam-packed with parties and BBQ's! We have a week's vacation planned for July which I am really looking forward to. I am looking forward to their first birthday party on June 19th which I am not even close to finished planning. I can guarantee that I'll be scrambling around last minute trying to get everything together!

6 comments:

Mitzi G. said...

I love the picture from your mom!! They are getting so big & I can't believe their birthday is right around the corner.

Open Roads Mama said...

oh yes, the bigger the little one, the less time for mama :) I know much about that ;)

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad you guys are doing good.
I understand what you mean. Now that Cooper is older I have a hard time finding time to get updated on all the blogs I follow.
I feel bad but at the same time its what you have to do and what I want to do.

These pictures of the boys are so cute, They really are getting so big. :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Don't worry - we never wear shoes in summer here. It's just too hot in Johannesburg.

Mine only started wearing shoes when the weather cooled down. NOw it's full-force winter - shoes and thick socks every day.

Mindy said...

I know exactly what you mean, Jenn! I finally found my stride around 10 months, blogged pretty regularly and kept up with (most) things... then they started walking... and I had to find time to go to the bathroom! It's amazing. They certainly do keep us on our feet, huh?

Don't put too many demands on yourself. I'm trying not to, but it really is difficult. I like having a clean house and making dinner for my husband. But making three meals a day for the boys while trying to keep them from jumping out of the toy box, from biting their brother or pushing down the gate, things are pretty busy around here! :) We have TWO babies at once, while most other moms have one. It IS different. It's a lot of work. And you're doing a GREAT job!!

Mindy

Jeannie said...

So cute. Mine stay without shoes too. Once you lose one of a pair, you decide it's not worth it anymore :)