Wednesday, June 30, 2010

pillow talk

Justin and I were lying in bed last night talking about our day.

He said, "I was playing with the boys and their little football earlier today and they were both so happy. Nolan would laugh and put his arms around me. I can't believe they aren't going to be like this forever."

"I know," I said. "I get pretty sad when I think about them growing up. We won't ever get this time back. We need to really take the time and enjoy it."

"That must be why people keep having children," he said.

It must be.

We haven't gotten past the 'talking' stage. That is, talking about expanding our family.

It has been on my mind a lot lately, but just like every other person out there who might be thinking about the same thing, there are so many factors to take into account. It isn't something we take lightly.

In the meantime, I am going to continue loving my 3 men. Summer vacation is in a week and a half and I am pretty excited about getting L&N on the beach!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

We're having the same kind of thoughts. I keep seeing pics of my kid from when he was only a few months old and feeling like I need that back.

Rebekah said...

They grow so fast! Good luck with your decision of when to start again. It's exciting, nerveracking, and flat.out.scary. to think about heading down that road again, huh?

I gave you an award :)
http://to-infertility-and-beyond.blogspot.com/2010/06/waving-hi.html

Kelly said...

Good luck with whatever you decide. We always need to remember to value each and every day! :) The boys are adorable as always! Love the pool pictures below!

CJ said...

I know what you mean. So much to take into account. We are waiting 2 years.

Beth said...

We have the same talks Jenn. We love the stage Briggs and Christian are at right now. Afraid to think that they won't be our little babies forever. Good thing we have pics, video, blogs, etc!!