Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Luke & Nolan!

Happy Birthday Luke and Nolan!!
I will refrain from mommy-gushing about how amazing the both of you are and how awesome this past year has been. I’ve done enough of that in the past and I don’t want the two of you to get too full of yourselves!

Twelve months ago I was a new mommy trying perform tasks that were completely new to me. Now I am like an old pro! I don’t even bat an eye when I need to give you both a bath or take you to the pediatrician’s office for shots. I know the difference between your hungry cries & your hurt cries (which always breaks my heart). I can get you both fed, dressed & out the door without breaking a sweat. Okay, that last part is an exaggeration – sometimes I do sweat.
This picture was taken the day before I had you both.
The following night, you were born & you got to meet on the outside...

June 22, 2009 started out like one of my typical late-pregnancy, bed rest days - except for the fact that I had a NST that morning. You both passed the test with flying colors & I was sent home to put my feet up & eat hot fudge sundaes.

I lasted until 9:10 p.m. - that's when my water broke. I was scared, but excited to finally meet you! I hope you were just as excited to meet me & daddy. I was sent to the OR, given a spinal & then daddy was brought into the room. We focused on one another as Nolan was born at 11:38 p.m. I heard you cry and that's when my tears started. Daddy and I were still focused on eachother as Luke was born at 11:39. Your cries took a little longer to come, but when it did, it was sweet relief.

I was so proud to take you home and introduce you to our family and friends. In the coming months, you grew stronger and got louder. You drank more and more formula - I was making & washing bottles all day long! When you started to notice & play with eachother around 7 months was when it got really fun for us!! You are both very entertaining!! Daddy & I were just saying how much we love watching you play together. We were in the backyard last night & Luke was sitting his cozy coupe. Nolan, you decided that you wanted to play in the car with your brother, so you climbed in and sat on his lap. You both made us laugh!

Happy Birthday my sweet boys. I hope that the next year brings you much happiness and love. I have lots planned for this year and can't wait to share it all with you both!

xo, Mommy

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Enjoy the day! Not only did they get stronger and better, but you did too, Mama! It's amazing and continues to be amazing!!! Enjoy!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

happy birthday, precious boys!

Love the tummy, Jennifer :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, boys! I love the little chairs you have in the post below....

And when I saw your belly picture on the side bar of my blog I was like WHAT? I didn't know Jen was pregnant, lol.

The Scott's said...

Happy Birthday Luke and Nolan!!!

melissa78 said...

Boys,
Aunt chica LOVES you so much. I love watching you grow. I can see your little personalitlies come out when I am with you. When I look at the pictures of you as little babies I can not belive how big you are. I hope you have a GREAT 1st birthday spending the day with your mommy & daddy and the zoo. Love you to the moon and back XOXOXOX

Shell said...

Very sweet! Happy birthday to your little cuties!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to two of the cutest boys ever!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! I love this story! I can't believe they are a year old. wow! I think it's so sweet that they have each other. Enjoy this day!

Mitzi G. said...

Happy Birhtday Luke & Nolan....I have really enjoyed watching you guys grow oevr the past year & can't wait to see what you do all next years!!

Jennifer, you look so tiny in that picture - very jealous!!

Sulli said...

Happy Birthday Boys!! They are too cute for words.

Tracy said...

1 year already...how did that happen so fast? happy birthday to nolan and luke:)

Mama Mandolin said...

Yay Happy Birthday!

and P.S. you looked great! I was a flippin WHALE the day I had my boys!

Natalie A. said...

Happy late Birthday to your cuties! It looks like they had a wonderful birthday! Have a great weekend!