Monday, May 17, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend - Teeth & Walking

The past four days have been a whirlwind. Justin had to go to Houston for work this weekend so he kissed us all goodbye and left early Friday morning. This gave me lots of quality alone-time with my mini men.
Friday

Grammy and Aunt Danielle came over for an afternoon visit and Luke took his first steps! It was so exciting, but he hasn't really done it again since then. He can stand alone very well, but he is afraid of falling, so he holds out his hands for me before he'll take another step. The same thing happened with Nolan, so it'll probably be another couple of weeks before he gets more daring & just starts going.


Nolan really gained his confidence on Friday. As soon as Justin left, Nolan just let go of the couch and began walking across the living room. He hasn't stopped since - except when he wants to get somewhere really fast - then he crawls! If Luke has a toy that he wants, Nolan will crawl over and attack his brother for it.


On Friday night, Grammy met the boys and I for dinner at a diner. We figured that diners are noisy places, so we didn't need to worry about the boys being a little loud. I don't know about moms of singletons, but whenever we go somewhere to eat, the boys draw a crowd. At one point, there were 4 waitresses standing around our table asking questions and showing me cell phone pictures of their little ones. After they left, then the people sitting at surrounding tables began with their questions and love for the boys. Luke and Nolan eat it up!! They were all smiles. I love talking to new people so I don't really mind the questions unless they get a little too personal or rude (like at the mall last week when a woman walked over to the stroller, stared at the boys and announced loudly, "they aren't identical." No kidding lady, don't you think I know that? She then stared some more and walked away. Weirdo.).

Luke at the diner
taken with cell phone camera
The boys and I went home, played a little and went to bed. I think that this may have been when the second tooth started breaking through for Luke because he was up quite a few times that night. Nothing that a little cuddling from mom couldn't fix.

Saturday

Helping Mommy make breakfast (Since daddy wasn't around, I took lots of cell phone pics so I could forward them!)The boys and I went to a friend's graduation party. There were loads of children there for them to play with which was a good thing because they all kept themselves entertained. Nolan took a liking to 4 year old, Eva. He stared up at her and followed her all over the living room. Luke found a mirror that enjoyed talking to!

The boys slept wonderfully on Saturday which was good because I was trying to catch up from the night before.

Sunday
Aunt Chica and Uncle Eric came over for some quality boy time. Nolan showed off his walking skills and Luke showed off his second tooth! Aunt Chica was feeding Luke some breakfast when she noticed #2 coming in. It took a little a little wrangling, but we got a cell phone pic.
We took the boys over to Mom Mom & Poppy's house so that I could go to David's Bridal to order my bridesmaid dress for Uncle Pat & Aunt Giustina's wedding. Luke & Nolan got some loving and I got a purdy dress! Chica & I had a little lunch, picked up the boys and went to Grammy's house for dinner.
I am loving this stage with Luke and Nolan. They are so entertaining - I could watch them play like this forever!

5 comments:

Mitzi G.!! said...

Love the new pictures above & I can't believe they are walking!!

Rebekah said...

What a fun weekend! Kindly ask them to stop growing so quickly...Walking and teeth--I can't stand it!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Oh my WORD, you have TWO TODDLERS :)

I am very scared.

now tell me, how did you get them walking so soon? Did you do exercises with them? Did you use walkers? etc,e tc

Jennifer said...

Hi Leigh,
It's crazy, isn't it?! Nolan began taking two or three steps at a time starting around 2 weeks ago. He did it for a day, then stopped. Then a few days later, he picked it up again, then stopped. All of a sudden, this past Friday, I was in the kitchen and noticed him walking. It just happened out of the blue!!! We do have a few push toys, but as you know, when you have twins, they both want to play with the same toy at the same time rendering it useless. The one thing I'm pretty adamant about is holding their hands and walking with them when it's time to lay on the floor and drink their bottles. I doubt that had anything to do with it though - it was probably just his time. Luke took his first steps the other day, but he's since stopped. I suspect he'll pick it up again in the coming weeks, but who knows?

Good luck!

Meant to be a mom said...

Your boys are so much fun. I wish we all lived close together so we could do play dates :)
I'm glad you all had a very busy and good weekend. It sounds like you had lots of help from your mom and sis. That's always nice.

Congrats to the boys for both walking. YAY!