Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank You, Mom

Mother's Day is this Sunday and I am really looking forward to celebrating the day as as a first-time mom! This doesn't mean, however, that I have forgotten about my own mother this year. And what a year it has been...
I didn't know it was possible for me to love her even more than I did 12 short months ago, but I do. It's almost as if I'm looking at her through entirely different eyes. I have newfound respect for the way she raised and took care of Jonathan, Danielle & myself. I don't think she realizes just how amazing she is.

My mom is not the warmest and most compassionate woman in the entire world (we joke about it often!), but despite that, she is very comforting to me. Just being in her presence brings a calmness over me --it's indescribable. Last summer, after the boys were born and Justin was back to work, I was at home all day with the boys. I loved my role as a new mommy, but after a while, my hormones got the best of me and I would feel overwhelmed. My mom helped me tremendously during this time. She helped with the boys and she helped me emotionally. I could never repay her for the compassion she showed me during that time.
Thank you momma for it all. Thanks for helping me while I was on bed rest, thank you for holding my hand during the contractions, thank you for coming to our house & cooking or cleaning when I was healing, thank you for sleeping over on the nights Justin was away, thank you for making me realize that it's okay to take two boys out of the house at once & not to be afraid, thank you for the support and love you've given to Justin & I and thank you for being an amazing grandmom.

You're one of the strongest women I know. You never let me down. You never let Luke & Nolan down. You are the biggest inspiration to me and I hope that when my boys are my age, they will look at me with love and thankfulness the way that I look at you.

You're the best. THANKS!!! I love youAn oldie, but a goodie ;-)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Great post! I feel like I could've written it myself, especially the description of how much help she was before and after your pregnancy!

Mitzi G.!! said...

That is so beautiful & I am sure that your boys alreday look at you the way you look at your mom :)

Happy Mother's Day to you!!