Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mothers Day - not what I expected!

Mother's Day wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was looking forward to a quiet and relaxing day with my family. What I got was two babies who were up several times at night then were quite miserable throughout the day. When I say "miserable," I mean screaming from their cribs.

It wasn't their usual "hey mom, I'm awake and can't find my paci" whine, but they were full-on screams of anger. "Get in here NOW, mom!" I can only chalk it up to teething. I think I said this in a post back in like September but no teeth poked through their gums. Now, 7 months later, I'm going through the whole "are they teething?" phase again. Lots of crying & drool, but no teeth.

We all fell back to sleep & got some more rest until I woke at 8 & noticed that the boys were still sleeping. Sweet! Now I can sneak downstairs and start making my butter cake and hash brown casserole for brunch with the moms. A short while later, the boys woke and it was peaceful and happy as I opened my Mothers Day gift and card.

Grammy & Mom Mom came over for breakfast and we had a great time! L&N were happy and soaked up all of the love & attention they could receive.
Grammy, Luke, me, Mom Mom & Nolan.
We're missing Grandmom from Ohio, but they boys sent their love!
After everyone left, the little guys went down for naps and woke up in the early afternoon in a funk. Justin and I exhausted ourselves trying to get the boys to cheer up and forget about their tooth pain (if that was even what it was?).
It wasn't the day I had envisioned, but it was still pretty great! I had my family with me. The one thing about the boys being miserable is that they were extra clingy, so I got a lot of snuggle time in. That's a bonus! I got a Flip Cam for Mothers Day and I wish I would have gotten some of the shenanigans on film, but I didn't!
I hope everyone had a fun Mothers Day!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Cameron has been going through the same thing here. I think it's teething too. Can't wait to see videos from your new camera!

Mrs. Hesson said...

Aww happy belated mother's day!

Mitzi G.!! said...

B is cutting his 3rd tooth & he gets the same way at night with the screaming.......hope their little teeth pop through VERY soon so you can all rest!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I think you may have seen on my blog my mother's day was also not what I expected. Oh well, expectations and all that :)

plus... you had energy to bake a cake???!

Meant to be a mom said...

Sorry to hear the boys aren't feeling well for whatever reason. I hate that you didn't get to have the mothers day you imagined but thank the lord you are celebrating this year. With two for that matter. Hopefully next year will be special and normal.
Happy mothers day!

Shell said...

Poor little guys- at least they slept in and then napped for you!

Such a cute group shot!

Rebecca said...

This reminds me of my Mother's Day last year...I think...seriously? I can't remember it at all! Hope they're feeling better soon...I hate teething!

Rebekah said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you, too! Sorry the boys were grouchy pants. Doesn't matter, does it? At least we've got our boys :)

kristi said...

Yes, my Mother's Day was less than stellar...I have a teen!

Natalie A. said...

Happy late Mother's Day! Those are great pictures! You will have to share your hashbrown casserole recipe sometime! Hashbrown's are my favorite! :) I enjoyed visiting your blog again and I'm glad that I stopped by! Have a great weekend!