Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mom's Night Out

I love being a mommy, but there are just some times where I like going out with the girls for dinner, drinks and dancing!

It's funny how having the title, "mom" changes you. Don't get me wrong, I like to party, but now I do it in a way that doesn't leave me completely useless the following day, if you know what I mean. I have the little guys to look out for, so instead of doing tequila shots, I try to keep the drinks at a manageable level. Maybe just one shot...

I only post this picture because I like looking at my wedges.
We found ourselves a spot called the Continental Midtown which I've been to many times before...pre-babies. They have the most amazing martini, the Buzz Aldrin.
Seriously, it's the most delicious drink evah.

4 parts Tang
2 parts Peach Vodka
1 part Triple Sec

Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake over ice.
Strain into a Tang rimmed cocktail glass and enjoy!

I love this girl!
(this will be Luke's mother-in-law one day. he's taken a liking to her daughter, Gabriella, who's 4 months older than him. i really think it's the pigtails that he likes!)
...and our night wouldn't be complete without a picture of me making a ridiculous face
(how cute is Allie behind me?!)

It was a very late night and early morning (because I can't seem to sleep past 8:30 a.m. - it's like a mother's disease!!) but it was awesome and I can not wait to do it again!

8 comments:

Mrs. Hesson said...

Girls nights out are a must! Looks like yall had a great time :)

CJ said...

That drink Looked Delicious!!

Lani said...

awesome that you got a night out with the ladies- you all looked great! And that drink- I must try one- I didn't even know you could still find Tang!!

Ann On and On... said...

I have been wanting a good martini... that one sounded so good!
It's great that you went out!!

Eclipsed said...

Mom's night out is the best. I can't sleep late anymore either. I get so excited when I get to sleep and then I wind up waking up at the butt crack of dawn anyway, which is no good when you're hungover and dehydrated. I love your wedges too btw.

Rebecca said...

This post made me so jealous...a white dress, wedges that you don't fall down in, the Buzz Aldrin, the dancing, the smiles, the unadulterated happiness! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

Mrs.F said...

Sounds like fun! I know what you mean about it being different going out once you have a baby (or in your case 2!)... I used to get myself trashed to the point where I would stay in bed until 2 the next day!!

Now I don't like to be out past 12 & I have 3 drinks max. And no shots for me! haha

Nancy said...

If you want another Girls Night Out experience try playing DivaGirl a fun event party, card game. Everyone comes dressed as a Diva and brings a gift. Fun clothes, food, drinks and gifts- that's my Girls Night Out. Budget friendly. Go to divagirlgame.com to see it.