Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taking His First Steps

At 9 months, 4 weeks & 1 day, our little Nolan took his first steps!

I was, of course, at work when it happened. When I arrived at Grammie's house to pick the boys up, she told me that Nolan had been letting go of her hands & taking a few steps. I thought she was crazy, "mom, I just spent the entire weekend with him and he didn't show any signs of wanting to try and walk."

Since it was 4:30 and I was ravenous, I went to the kitchen to grub some food off of my mom.

Aren't moms great for that? They always have the most delicious food. I snacked on a bit of lasagna & a homemade cupcake. I love my mom!!

The boys followed me into the kitchen, as did my sister & mom. I turned around and saw Nolan walk from my sister's hands into my mom's arms. I shouted in my happy mommy voice, "good job, Nolan!" He had taken three or four steps over to my mom & I was cheering like he won the Superbowl.

Later in the evening, after we arrived at home and told daddy of today's events; then Nolan walked from mine to Justin's arms. He's only taking 3 or 4 steps at a time, but I'm so proud of him!

And, of course, I can't leave out our little darling, Luke! He has become a crawling champion and can get across the floor in the blink of an eye! He's also mastered the art of 'letting go' and sitting gracefully on the floor when he's standing up.

They make me smile and laugh each and every day. They are both such a joy to be around!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

awwww what a huge milestone!! And so young!!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Lisa! I thought it was way young too! I mean, the kids don't even have teeth yet!!! Seriously, there's nothing but gums, LOL!

Christine said...

Yay! so very exciting!!

Cecilia said...

Congrats on first steps! It's so exciting but life definitely changes when you have walkers. Soon you'll have TWO walkers!

Mitzi G.!! said...

That is so great......think they call B & give him some pointers?

Erin said...

Yeah! Before you know it, they will both be off and running!

And -- I wanted to reply to your question about using the stroller at the doctor's office. We go to a very relaxed practice, it is just one pediatrician and his nurse, so we don't ever have to wait in the waiting room for more than 2 minutes, and they are very relaxed about the boys exploring. I don't bother with the stroller unless I need to keep them contained (or if I didn't want them crawling on the floor!). As a mom of multiples, do whatever you need to do to make the situation work for you -- just because you've never seen a stroller in your doctor's office doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

Leigh said...

Congrats Nolan!

He is very very advanced :) and is obviously working on mobility instead of teeth.

P.S. I want to know your motherstyle :) (my blog on Friday)

Rebecca said...

That is awesome!!! Matt crawled first in our house and Hailey didn't match him for three months! It's so much better when it's one at a time (for you)!!!