Monday, April 12, 2010

An Afternoon With Mabel

Have you ever had someone come into your life and you can't imagine how you ever DIDN'T have this person in your life? You sometimes are upset because you missed out on years with them because you met them when you were older?

For me, this person is Mabel. I met her when I was 18. She's twentysomething years my senior, but we just clicked instantaneously. Now, when I think back, it's almost as if I can't remember her not being in my life.

Without getting into specifics, I really respect her parenting style and how she's raised her four children (two of whom are older than I am) and I am modeling some of my parenting methods after her.

This past weekend, the boys and I took a little trip over to Mabel's house to spend the afternoon with her. L&N just light up when they see her. It's the sweetest thing! Her house isn't even CLOSE to being baby-proofed and I nearly had heart palpitations when Nolan began banging on her glass table & curio cabinet, but she is totally understanding.

Mabel & her little buddies!
Trying to prevent Luke from eating a rock.
He picked that thing up and put it in his mouth in a matter of milliseconds!!!
That little guy is SO FAST! Me & the little guys.
Enjoying the nice day.

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

She sounds like such a sweet women and blessing to you and the boys life =)

Mabel said...

Jennifer and her family hold a very special place in my heart. She is beautiful inside and out. She has brought such sunshine to my life. I am honored to be part of her life. I love Luke and Nolan,
they have two fantastic parents. I am very proud of Justin and Jennifer. If anyone deserves these wonderous boys, it would be them.....Love Mabel