Thursday, March 4, 2010

HUGE Step For Us

I've written about it before, but Luke is an excellent sleeper. He'll go down around 7:00 p.m. and won't wake until 7 the following morning. Nolan, on the other hand, was having troubles with falling back to sleep if he woke at night.

Our solution was to move him to the guest bedroom so that we could Ferberize (I can't help but think of Cameron & Mitchell from Modern Family!) and not wake Luke in the process. Nolan was like a little champ and responded very well to it. Now, when he wakes at night, he can usually put himself back to sleep even though he does it while moaning. There are nights, however, when we do need to pat & comfort him before he falls back to sleep.

Nolan has been in the guest room in a pack 'n play since January, but last night we thought it was time to move him back into his crib in the nursery. I heard him going his baby moans at some point during the night, but he must have put himself back to sleep because I didn't hear from him again! Their first night reunited in the nursery was a success!!!
Mitchell & Cameron from Modern Family
Ferberizing -- hysterical!!!

8 comments:

Mary Kate said...

yeah...sweet success!

The Wilson's said...

Yay for good sleepers! Don't you just love Modern Family!

Mitzi G.!! said...

That is great news for the boys & I am sure they were happy to be together again! It also gives me hope for Brayden.....we just started the ferber method last night & I swear that video looks just like Lance & I; Lance being the one that needed taking down :)

Christine said...

That's great that he did such a good job back in his real room!!

Jeannie said...

Congrats Nolan!!

LOVE Modern Family!!

Mitzi G.!! said...

They are too cute & I love how your pup is keeping a close eye on all their activities!!

Meant to be a mom said...

HAHA, I've never seen that show before. But all my friends keep telling me to watch it. I will have to start because that is so funny.

That looks like me and my husband too. Except I'm the one wanting to make him stop crying. MAMA'S HEAR HONEY!!! =)
I'm glad they are doing better with there sleeping.

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Thats awesome..

I really need to do something, i still have my 15 month old twins sleeping in bed with me. :/