Friday, February 26, 2010

You Can Never Start Too Early

I mentioned earlier this week that I've begun thinking about Nolan and Luke's first birthday party. Once upon a time, I would have turned up my nose at the prospect of someone planning a big big first birthday party for their child, who won't even remember the event. Well , I'm a mom now and I am having a great time looking at invitations, cakes, decorations, birthday onesies...I could go on and on. I'm in full-on party mode.

I have gotten a few eye rolls when I mentioned to friends that I was starting birthday preparations, but one can never be too ready! Besides, they all know I'm a planner and June is a tricky month with my sister's high school graduation and other birthday parties. We have a date all set though!

I believe that the first birthday is more of a celebration for the parents then the baby. After all, the my boys won't have any clue what is going on. We will celebrate the fact that Justin & I survived and thrived in our first year of being parents! Were you really excited about your baby's first birthday party?

It's the boys & I one year ago!

I REALLY miss this belly...

13 comments:

Laura said...

I have already started planning Cam's too! I have gotten eye rolls too. It's only 3 months away though!

Rebekah said...

Let them roll their eyes! You must celebrate!! :)

Shell said...

You were the cutest little pregnant girl!

Jeannie said...

I started looking at 1st birthday invites last month so you are definitely not alone. It's an exciting time!

What a cute little belly! I'm short with a very short torso so the boys had no place to go but out, and out they did. I was HUGE...my OB (who had twins herself) said I was the largest pg woman/belly she had ever measured :)

Leigh said...

Love that belly!

You enjoy all the planning in the world - I'm still undecided if I want to have a party. We (D&I) will definitely celebrate surviving the first year (already every month I think, "wow, we are rock star parents, we survived another month :)") but I'm not sure how.

Sarah said...

I am doing the same thing! May will be here before I know it, so I need to get started! Have fun planning!

Delia said...

Talk about a milestone! I can still remember many details of that first "first birthday" party. Planning it is half the fun.

Jennifer said...

I think first birthdays are meant to be celebrated in a big fashion. Afterall, you only have one first birthday. It's the big one! Can't wait to see what you plan! It's sure to be super cute.

Joy said...

Ummmmm... my baby is 4 months old and I already HAVE her birthday invitations printed up and waiting in a drawer. And she is my third baby!

I LOVE party planning!

Kristi H said...

Good for you! I waited until the last minute and got really stressed! Luckily, it all came together and the girls had a great time!

Erin said...

I think it is definitely key to plan in advance so that you don't have people making other plans for that day! I am guessing the people who roll their eyes probably don't have children ...

Debbie said...

I agree with you that it is more about the adults. But, that's OK. We deserve a little celebration! You go, girl.

Natalie A. said...

You are a great mom and I think it's great you are planning the birthday party early!
I hope I look as good as you did in the picture when I'm pregnant one day!

Have a great Tuesday!