Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend

In years past, our Valentines Day consisted of a romantic dinner, a bottle of wine & alone time for Justin & I. This year, Valentines day was just a little different.
On Saturday night, Uncle Rick & Aunt Brenda came over and we had a delicious sushi dinner and watched the Olympics. It was a great night and I wouldn't have done it any differently!

Luke is entranced by Aunt Brenda
Uncle Ricky is a police officer and we plan on using that to our advantage when the boys get older...
The boys woke us at 7 a.m. on Valentines Day.
Justin & I grabbed our sweet little valentines from their cribs and we went to the kitchen to make breakfast.
After breakfast, we headed into the living room with our coffee to open gifts with Luke & Nolan.
They were mostly interested in playing with the bags & paper rather than their gifts!
Then, Justin & I shared our gifts for one another.

Valentines Day is all about love.
Our little guys are, by far, our greatest gifts of love.

Speaking of love: Nolan loves to rub his face on soft things, like our throw blanket.



I made a delicious dinner for Justin & I on Sunday night. We watched the Olympics & cuddled with each other and our sons.
It was our best Valentines Day yet.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

You didn't show your gift, but I think I see a little bit of one of the new Vera Bradley prints sticking out of a bag. Did you get a new Vera bag?? Yea!!

Heather said...

Wondering what the delicious dinner was? Sounds like a great day!

Jennifer said...

Hey Jen & Heather, dinner was roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans - yum! Roast chicken is one of my favorite dinners :-)

I did get a Vera bag - I've been wanting a backpack for a while now in place of my regular diaper bag because I want to be hands-free! It's purty!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Sounds like a wonderful valentines day. I know what you mean about kids changing the way you celebrate. But its so much better this way isn't it...
:)

Debbie said...

That looks like the perfect weekend! Good for you.

Rita A. said...

I bet your little one has the cutest giggle. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Gesch Family said...

What a pair of cuties you have!!! Looks like a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!