Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Routines are okay

I love the comfort of having a routine. Don't get me wrong, surprises and spontaneity are awesome, but I really look forward to coming home and spending time with my guys after work. It's actually funny, because this is the time when Luke & Nolan start to get a little cranky because we're rounding out the end of the day, but it doesn't matter to Justin & I at all.

We'll be chopping veggies or making a cocktail (!!) and sing to the boys at the same time. They love it! We are constantly stopping whatever it is we're in the middle of to pick up toys that have been repeatedly thrown on the floor. Okay, that gets a little old, but the first 2 or 3 times, it's actually cute.

I captured tonight's dinner preparation.
Chicken fajitas with homemade refried beans & guacamole - yum!

We're going to be such great cooks when we grow up!
Mommy hopes.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I love that photo - it's so normal but beautiful in that you're a FAMILY!

Do you and Justin cook together always?

What's your set-up?

Jennifer said...

Thanks Leigh :-)

Yes, we're basically always in the kitchen together. We both cook dinner and if one of us isn't needed while the other is cooking, we'll sit at the table or island & talk or check e-mails while the other cooks. On the weekends, Justin is the default breakfast chef, but I sit in there with the boys and a cup of coffee while he's cooking. This past Sunday he made the BEST homemade waffles I've ever had. Seriously, he's a great cook!
xo, Jenn

Mitzi G.!! said...

I love that you guys get to do that nightly; my hubbs works until 8 most nights so B & I do that without him :(

Alison said...

I love that! Babies, husband and a martini! Works for me!! :)