Sunday, February 21, 2010

8 Months old

My boys are eight months old today!!!


They're eight months old and I'm starting to plan for their birthday party in June. I feel like a crazy person for even typing that. I always wondered why people would care so much about their child's first birthday party when their children won't even remember it! Clearly I had these thoughts before I had my very own children because I really do care about their first birthday. More on this in another post for another day.

My sweet boys are eight months old and our house is getting louder by the minute. There is a lot of talking and screeching going on which is cute at the moment, but I can just imagine how loud it will be in the coming months.

The jealousy has started and it breaks my heart. Nolan can feed himself his bottle, so I usually lay him on the floor with pillows and I sit with Luke on the couch & feed him because he has shown no interest in holding his bottle. Sometimes it's okay, but there are times when Nolan gets SO jealous and he comes over & cries & pulls on my pant legs. So sad.

This morning, at nap time, I picked Nolan up off the floor, kissed him & began walking up the steps to his nursery. Luke just about had a panic attack when I picked Nolan up. You would think I deprive them of hugs & kisses!!

Nolan
- can say DaDa
- knows his name
- crawls, climbs, pulls himself up on things (like Luke)
- can stand in a triangle (with his feet on the floor, butt in the air & hands on the ground)
- can go from laying to sitting
- Has gone back to only eating bottles. I'm lucky if I can get him to eat a quarter of a yogurt a day.
- has the most beautiful smile. he's such a happy baby!
- has been sleeping through the night
Luke
- says Mum Mum Mum Mum
- knows his name
- has just started rolling both ways, but hasn't figured out that he can roll across the room to get to his toys.
- eats like a champ. he'll eat an entire bottle, plus 1 to 2 jars of food in a sitting.
- has the most adorable laugh!
- sleeps through the night


Please vote for us :-) Just one little click is all it takes! I swear, that's it!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

10 comments:

kristi said...

your boys are so cute! Wait til' they start climbing up things...oy!

Shell said...

They are darling!

Cassie said...

They're so cute. I love that they look so much alike, but really have enough of their own features you can tell them apart. They're getting so big! I love following your blog, I added your button to my own.

Meant to be a mom said...

How adorable are they. That would break my heart also. I can just imagine his little face as he looks up at you all jealous and sad. Heartbreaking!

I left you an award on my blog:)

Sarah said...

Happy 8 months boys! They are so handsome! Too bad we dont live closer, our boys would be perfect playmates.

Jennifer said...

Could they be any cuter?!!!

Natalie A. said...

They are so cute! I love the pictures you post! I bet the 8 months have gone by so fast! You are such a great mom! I definitely voted for you today! Have a great week!

Rebekah said...

Happy 8 months to your little guys! I'm embarassed to say I've already thought about Hampton's 1st birthday party, too. haha!

Mitzi G.!! said...

They are getting so big & I didn't think it was possible but more adorable too!!

Kelly said...

So adorable!! they are getting so big!