Monday, January 18, 2010

Vermont Trip

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but I absolutely love to ski. I've been skiing since I was a little girl and once I met Justin, it was an activity that we loved to do together. When my parents told us last February that they booked a week at Smugglers Notch, Vermont for January 2010, I told them that we'd definitely go. Nevermind that I was 4 months pregnant at the time and had twins on the way, I just knew that nothing would have held me back! I never got to ski last winter because I was pregnant. No complaints here though! Of course I'll miss a ski season or ten just to have a family!

Because of work and school schedules, we left on Wednesday and headed north to meet my dad, uncle and cousin at the resort. The car ride was long, but the boys were extremely and surprisingly very well behaved.

Here are the boys playing nicely on the living room floor! We bought along a few of their favorite toys.

I love mommy's hat!
I can't tell you how bad I was stressed out the week prior to our vacation. Nolan has been waking up at night so we were on like day 5(!) of using the cry-it-out method and it was actually working. I knew that there was NO WAY we'd be able to continue the sleep training while we were on vacation and that we'd need to start from scratch when we returned back home. I felt like we had started this whole process and it was all for nothing. So, sure enough, during the nights at the resort, we didn't want to let him cry and wake everyone, so we woke with him and patted his back when he would allow, and we gave a bottle when he was very upset. It worked okay, but we're back to CIO now that we're home. I know that some people don't agree with the CIO method, but every family has to do what works for them. This is what we've decided to do.


On our first full day of vaca, I kissed the boys goodbye, left them with Grammy and did something I hadn't done in almost 2 years...ski!! My goodness it felt great to be out with my family on the slopes. Justin & I were on the lift when we saw a mom & dad teaching their son how to ski. Justin shouted down to them and asked them how old their son was. He was 2! I've only got two more winters before I can get my boys out there!!

Justin & my cousin, Stephen about to ski through the glades. They're far more adventurous than I, but I did go through...slowly!

Me, Stephen & my Uncle Ed

Justin, Stephen & Uncle Ed


After a few days of skiing, my mom wanted to go on a horse drawn carriage ride, which none of us had ever done before.
Luke & Mommy with Bob the horse!
Mommy & Nolan on the ride

Handsome Daddy documenting our day!



My amazing family!

Thanks Mom & Dad for such a great week!


9 comments:

Christine said...

The boys in their little snow suits are so cute!! What a fun time!

Mitzi G.!! said...

Looks like a wonderful trip & the boys are just adorable in their snow suites!

Alison said...

The boys look so cute all bundled up!

HT said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip and the pictures are just gorgeous! Wow!! Beautiful!

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, the boys are so cute. I'm glad you guys had a great time. I've only snow ski'd once but I loved it.

Kristi H said...

It is so beautiful there! Looks like the boys had a blast! We're venturing out on a family ski trip next month! Can't wait! It will be my girls' first flight, first snow, and first time out of TX!

reaper8181 artwork said...

the pictures with little boys, were the best. they were so cute.

Kristi H said...

We got lucky with good sleepers. They started sleeping 12 hours consistently by 3 months. I read Babywise while PG and highly recommend it! :)

KHS said...

Beautiful pictures! I wish we got that much snow here in the South. :) The boys are growing up so quickly! They will be wanting to ski before you know it!