Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our treadmill solution

I think that I've mentioned before that I'm not big on exercise. I was into it when I was much younger, but I completely stopped the year before I got married & haven't really looked back since. I ran a 5k in 2008, but I don't count that because it was a one time thing I did with my law firm.

We have a treadmill in our house that I've used an handful of times. My husband has used it, but I got my aerobic activity from shopping & walking around the city during my lunch at work.

I decided that I wanted to start using it again, but finding the time is difficult because of the boys. Justin has offered to give me an hour at the end of the day to use it while he entertains the boys, but I like spending that time with all three of them together and would rather workout during the day while he's working.

The problem with me walking on the treadmill is that Nolan is crawling now and gets into everything, so I needed to separate him from the treadmill somehow. We received a play yard (baby jail) for Christmas, so I broke it out, placed the babies inside with some toys and was able to walk without any worries!

On Sunday we had dinner with Mom Mom, Poppy and Aunt Amelia. The little guys were spoiled with hugs and kisses that day!

Luke & Mom Mom

Nolan practicing his standing (and assaulting a rubber block)

Mommy debuting her new bangs.Sweet Luke having fun with his toysDaddy & sleepy Nolan

12 comments:

Mitzi G.!! said...

yeah for you & your creativity....they look very happy in their "baby jail"! It will be great for you to enjoy your workout watch the best show in town...your boys!!

Angepeets said...

Wow - that's awesome!! I wish I had enough space in our living room for that!

Lisa said...

thats a great solution! and the bangs looks great!

Meant to be a mom said...

Your boys are just so cute. I love the picture of them in there play yard and one of them is rolled on his back. Too cute.
I'm glad you worked out a safe solution. Good luck working out.

KHS said...

Love your bangs! Just did something similar myself. They are driving me nuts. Yours look great! "Baby Jail" has been a life saver for my workouts as well. They look pretty content, which is much better than what I had going on the first few times I used ours.

Judy said...

Your boys are just TOO cute! We have tons of twins in our family, but we are still waiting on this generations...kinda hoping it might be one of my daughters who produces them! Let me encourage you to keep moving and do whatever you can. If I had it to do over, I would have stayed more fit when my daughters were growing up. It's hard to catch up in your fifties. But I am trying!

Sarah said...

We still need to purchase our "baby jail" The boys get into everything now! Love the new bangs! Your boys are so handsome!

kanishk said...

njoy your workout watch the best show in town...your boys!!

Work from home India

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs Gloves said...

Love the baby jail! Your boys are adorable!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ A Grande Life

Alexandra said...

Your bangs look great!

Miss Dot said...

I love the traffic mat on the floor of the baby jail! I think my hubby would play with that now if we had one! Haha :D