Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nolan's crawling...now what?

Two weeks ago I stopped by Grammy's house to pick the boys up after I was done work. My mom informed me that Nolan was trying to crawl earlier that day. Really?! I got onto the floor and tried my hardest to get him to come over to me...nothing. He just laid there and smiled at me. It actually took a good 3 or 4 days before I witnessed him trying to crawl.

Now, we can't keep the little guy still! He's not fully crawling -- it's more like an army crawl where he uses his upper body to pull himself along and he'll sometimes use his legs for a good push.

I have toys strewn throughout the living room for the boys to play with, but Nolan really only likes two things: cords & Tank's toys.

I'm debating on whether or not to use baby gates to keep him a little confined or a play yard. His obsession with the dog's ball isn't so bad, but I really don't want him chewing on cords!

On Monday, Aunt Melissa came over for a visit and we were playing with the boys and then Nolan started trying to get Tank's ball. You'll get a good idea of what's been going on around our house! Luke isn't rolling both ways, let alone trying to crawl yet, so he's just sitting there with a look of wonder on his sweet little face while his brother is moving around. He'll catch up soon!



10 comments:

Erin said...

Once mobility hits, you're in real trouble!! :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Both boys have been doing the whole army crawl for about a month now. They just got on all fours. I don't think I am ready for them to be really moving around. Both boys go for the dog's toys too and cords. EEEEEEE!

Landon loved watching the video. He was all smiles and laughing.

Melinda said...

Awwww...what a cutie! Our Nolan started crawling first before Kaden. Kaden has always been about 2 months behind Nolan. I really enjoyed not having 2 little ones mobile at the same time! It won't be long and then they will both be really mobile!

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Aww how sweet! Cameron just started rolling over and he is now trying to crawl. He can't actually move anywhere yet but we are working on it. :) We will be using baby gates to contain Cam in the living room. We still have the wire issue though so I guess I will have to put him in the pack and play if I leave the room. Ahh, a new phase! ;)

Deanna said...

Oh wow! Good for Nolan! My girls are just figuring out the army crawl, but they are also trying to pull up to stand. I keep telling them it's okay to stay immobile for another month or so! : )

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh how cute. I love that one is crawling and the other is just watching. So funny. Your right they will both catch up soon enough.

Mitzi G.!! said...

He is moving around so wonderfully!!

melissa78 said...

Poor Tank all he wanted was his damn ball!!! But Nolan wanted to eat it. ;)

sadie607 said...

That's adorable.