Monday, January 18, 2010

Many Thanks to my Blog Friends!

Hello Everyone, thank you all so much for your very sweet comments! I didn't get many questions but here goes:

Erin asked:
What is it like to be married to a fist-pumping Jersey shore guy?? :)

I have to admit that I cracked up when I read this!! Justin is the furthest thing from a typical Jersey Shore guy, but he did enjoy spiking his hair for the picture! To answer your question: being married to him is awesome!! Justin is my best (male!) friend – and he cracks me up on a regular basis, which is really important to me. We started dating in ’98 – he was 17 & I was 18. We went on a date and never looked back! We never broke up once in our 11 years! We moved in together when we were 23, he proposed while we were on a trip to Disney (our favorite place) when we were 24, were married at 25, had a few great years together as husband & wife, then the kiddies came!! The past few years have brought us a lot of happiness, but there were some rough times laced in there as well. I think that dealing with infertility definitely brought us closer. Without going into it, I'll just say that I love him :)

I have to admit that the Jersey Shore show holds a special place in our hearts because we don’t live too far from the Jersey Shore (but we go to the southern beaches – OCNJ!!).

Kelly Anderson asked:
How did you choose the names Nolan and Luke?

I love this question -- thanks!! Justin and I threw some names around in the beginning of the pregnancy. We loved the names Jake, Gabriel & Nathan for boys and Elizabeth, Caroline & Olivia for girls. Once we found out we were having boys we were pretty convinced that Nathan would be one of the names. Once we started looking at the baby name book, we LOVED the name Nolan. Nolan & Nathan it was! But I didn’t want the boys’ names to be so similar, so I started looking through the book again and found Luke and loved it! Luke & Nolan – perfect!! Now I can’t imagine them having any other name!

Now I’ll answer I question I received quite a few times this past week from my Facebook Friends: How are you able to go on vacation with the boys?!?

I don’t think I’ve ever been shy about admitting that I don’t know where we’d be without our family & friends!! When you go from a twosome to a threesome (and in our case, a foursome!), a lot of thought goes into how you do things you ordinarily wouldn’t give a second thought to -- like grocery shopping or going to the doctor. My mom gives me a lot of confidence. She really does. I still think of the boys as 2 month olds and she isn’t shy about reminding me that I can take them places, I just have to prepare – and sometimes have someone around to help!!

This past week, we took an 8 hour drive up to Vermont to do some skiing with my family. My mom & sister slept over the night before we left; we woke up at 5 a.m., got the kids ready, finished packing, then hit the road! The boys were very well-behaved (surprisingly!!) during the drive. Nolan started getting fussy the last hour, but I’m not complaining! I was getting fussy too! We made 2 stops to stretch the boys’ legs and do some diaper changes. Justin drove and my mom & I alternated sitting in the 3rd row so that we could lean over the 2nd row and feed & entertain the boys. Once we got to the resort, my mom watched the boys while everyone skied! At night, they slept with us as usual and we woke with them (quite often!) during the night, but while we were out on the mountain, my mom hung out with them. She doesn’t ski very often.

On weekends, when Justin and I talk about going out to dinner with friends or the movies with Justin, my in-laws are watching the boys overnight! They love their time with Luke & Nolan and Justin and I really appreciate our alone time. I think it’s important to have time with just the two of us although whenever we’re alone, we talk about the boys!

This past week, my best friend and her boyfriend put the boys to bed while Justin and I went to see Avatar. Seriously, these little guys are loved and we are so lucky to have everyone!! We’d probably never leave the house without them!

Thank you all again for commenting! I am really happy that people follow our story – our many ups and downs! I know that after the boys were born, it was SO HELPFUL for me to read other multiple moms’ blogs just to see if they were going through the same things I was. I hope that I’m able to provide some comfort or support to another mom. God Bless!


2 comments:

Angie said...

How blessed to have your husband be your best friend too. You are a cute & loving family.

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh no I've been missing from the blog world for a few days and missed the question post.
Here is mine if its not too late...

What are some of your favorite things to do? What are your hobbies?