Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Unexpected trip to the pedi & food

Yesterday afternoon Luke unusually cranky and irritable and he was grabbing at his forehead a lot. Almost as if he was irritated. I attributed it to teething, even though I haven't felt a little tooth pop out yet. I then noticed that Nolan, who wasn't quite as irritated, was grabbing at his ear. I thought to myself, oh no, I hope that the little guy doesn't have an ear infection!

I called the doctor to make an appointment because I am a paranoid first-time-mother. Thankfully, I was able to go in last night at 7:30.
Other than Luke having a fever of 100.4, both boys checked out okay. No ear infections. In fact she said that their ears look perfect. I don't know what a perfect ear looks like, but I'm glad my kids have got 'em.
The thing that shocked me during this appointment was when the nurse weighed my children.
Luke weighed 15lbs 8oz
Nolan weighed 17lbs 12oz!!!
Crikies, when did my children get so freaking big?!? Weren't they just little preemie babies?!
The bizarre thing is that Luke eats food like a champ. He downs his bowl of cereal and a half a jar of fruit or veggies (carrots are his favorite), then eats an entire bottle!!
Nolan. Sweet Nolan spits out every bit of food that I manage to get into his mouth. He may swallow like a quarter of a teaspoon of food a day. The rest ends up on his face and bib. How does he weigh over 2lbs more that Lukie?!
The boys before breakfast on Friday.
Nolan:
Thanks for shoving this stuff in my mouth mom.
I don't know why you bother because I'm having more fun spitting it out and being adorable in the process.Luke is thinking:
Devil Woman, why are you taking my picture and NOT putting food in my mouth?!?! Are you insane?!? I'm about to go crazy here if you don't feed me!!!

3 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Those pictures are hilarious. I giggled out load at my desk at work. They are so stinking funny and cute. They are big strong boys there is nothing wrong with that. Its good to know they are nice and healthy. I would have called the doc also. Just to be safe. Your just being a good mommy.

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Love the photos and captions! Cam is not having anything to do with solids still also. I am about to give up.

Mitzi G.!! said...

Your boys faces are so cute!! It is better to be safe when it comes to their health & well being in my opinion...so WOO HOO to you for being a great momma!!