Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First Snowfall

We awoke very early on Saturday morning because the boys were sick. Justin and I were sick too and could have slept the day away, but now that we have little ones to care for, long gone are the days where we lay in bed until our hearts content. When we looked out the window, the snow was falling and we had a few inches of fresh, powdery snow on the ground. I love it!!

The babies and I spent the morning in our pajamas while Justin began shoveling despite his cold. After he was finished, the four of us lounged around all day long while the boys took little naps. Luke can't sleep for very long (even during the night) because he'll begin coughing and wake himself up. Poor little angel. It just breaks my heart to see their sick faces. They look so sad. He's also been coughing so hard that he vomits. Not just spit-up, but projectile vomiting. When he starts to cough hard, I grab him and head into the dining room on the wood floors, making the clean-up much easier.

On Sunday morning, Nolan was feeling much better, so I put him in his snow suit and he was outside for all of 15 seconds while I snapped a few pictures of him and his daddy, who spent two and a half hours shoveling our driveway and walkways. Luke was still too sick to go outside, so I put him in his chair in the window so he could see what was happening outside. Look at his sick little face :(
Now that Nolan is feeling better, he wants to be held constantly because he was held the entire time he was sick. We have family coming over on Christmas day so there is LOTS to do and it proves hard when he cries to be picked up every few minutes.
In other news, I got my new DSLR camera. I haven't figured out how to use the thing properly yet, so I've been using it on the 'auto' setting, but it takes very nice pictures! The pic of Luke in the window and Nolan on my lap is with the new camera. I can't wait to read the booklet and find out how to use all of its settings!
I hope you all had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Mitzi G.!! said...

His little pitiful face is so sweet & I am so jealous about everyone getting snow.....I want some :)

Meant to be a mom said...

That picture of sweet little Luke is so sad! I hope he gets better quickly.
The boys are getting bigger and oh are they cuties.
I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

Erin said...

That picture of Luke by the window is precious! The new camera takes fabulous pictures, even on the auto setting. :) I hope you are all feeling better in time for the holidays!

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Aww, poor babies! Hope they are feeling better by Christmas!

I am dying to get a DSLR camera. Maybe next year... :)