Saturday, November 7, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes

November 7, 2008 holds a very special place in my heart. It was on this date, after a year and a half of trying to get pregnant, that Justin and I found out we were expecting a baby. Little did I know, that there were two little boys nestled comfortably in my belly.


It was one of the most memorable and wonderful days of my life. I couldn't believe that I was finally going to be a mom. I will never forget the way I felt. I stood in my bedroom rubbing my flat belly wondering what it would feel like six months down the road. When would I start feeling the baby move? When do I get to have my first ultrasound? When do I get to start shopping for baby clothes?!

I know that he will be reading this, so I want to thank you, Justin for being such an amazing husband throughout the entire process! From beginning to end. Your support from the moment I told you that I think we need to see a fertility doctor to the long days on bed rest when you lovingly made my each and every meal. You were incredible. Then the boys were born. I didn't think I could love you more, but guess what? I do. Thank you.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It it amazing? I just did a post on my blog about this on Halloween because that is when we found out. :)

Sarah said...

I remember finding out as if it was yesterday. Now I have 2 soon to be 6 month year olds.

violettville said...

Choked me up.