Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dreading 7:30 p.m.

7:30 p.m. is right, smack-in-the-middle of our bedtime routine. It also happens to be the time that Nolan has started screaming for the past two nights. He's such a jolly little guy during the day, but I think that he's getting used to this bedtime routine, and he knows that he'll be heading up to the crib shortly. As soon as he finishes his bottle, he looks at me and screeches like someone is ripping out his fingernails. No amount of sweet-talking and rocking can soothe him, I need to stand and walk him around. I'm thinking he's about 16 lbs now, so my arms get tired after a while. The minute we sit down (while he's still being held), he begins screaming again. I just don't know what to do. Last night, I laid him on a blanket on the living room floor on his belly and he cried while I rubbed his back. He eventually fell asleep.

He's still waking up around 4 a.m. almost every night. I bought the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium since so many people have raved about it. Well, he really doesn't care about the thing. He'll look at it and still cry to be picked up.

I try my hardest not to pick Nolan up at night when he wakes, but I feel bad for Luke because he wants to sleep, so I usually end up doing just that. Last night was a fairly quick wake-up. At 4 a.m., he began to cry, I tried soothing him until 4:20, but he wasn't having any of it, so I picked him up, brought him into my room and gave him a bottle. He fell asleep on my chest and I laid him back in the crib at 5. He then slept until 8:30.

I'm praying that this is just a phase.

Here are some pictures from this afternoon!





2 comments:

Christine said...

They are so cute! I'm sorry you and he are not getting a lot of sleep!

Lisa said...

Hopefully the sleep issues wont last much longer!!

What cutie patooties they are though : )