Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! Justin and I have hosted our family's Thanksgiving dinner since we got married and moved into our home. I absolutely LOVE it! Thanksgiving is also a special day for us because it was the day that we told our families that we were expecting twins last year! We did a little something different with our turkey this year and brined it. YUM! It turned out delicious!

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year, but it's the first in about 10 years that I didn't wake before dawn and venture out to the stores with Melissa. We decided that this year, since the boys are so small and Justin would be working on the house that we're flipping, we would just stay home and let others elbow and push their way to the sales. There were some really great deals that I saw in the paper, but I can't mention them in case one of the gift-receivers should be reading!
Hopefully I can benefit from the bargains on Cyber Monday! It's much easier to shop from the comfort of your own home when you have two babies...but it's not as much fun!
Did you go out for BF this year, or will you shop on Cyber Monday? Get any good deals?

6 comments:

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Cam and I stayed home this year too. I may take him out day after Christmas, we'll see! The boys look cute in their Thanksgiving bibs. I am posting our Thanksgiving photos in a little bit. :)

Deanna said...

Crowds stress me out, so I am hoping for some great online sales also! I love that WalMart is matching any advertised price this year, so maybe that will come in handy.

Lea Liz said...

I have never went shoppon on black friday, I just can't make myself do it although Im sure I would have fun!!

Your boys look soo cute!!

What is cyber monday?????

Erin said...

I've gone in the past when we've been at my parents' house in NY for the holiday, and we always had such a fun time! We celebrated Thanksgiving with the in-laws this year, and I don't have anyone who would want to go with me. I'm also not looking for any big ticket or electronic items this year, so the deals weren't quite as enticing!

While you're shopping on Monday, see if you can find me any good deals on Bose headphones (the ear bud ones!). :)

Meant to be a mom said...

I didn't venture out into the madhouse of black Friday this year and I'm sad I didn't. All my friends got such great deals. Bummer I missed out. Oh well.
I'm so glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving.
The picture of the boys is just adorable. There little smiling faces just brings a big smile to mine.

Gretchen & Peter said...

We didn't go either this year. I thought I would miss it but it was so nice waking at 8 instead of 4. did you get any good deals on Cyber Monday?

Gretchen (nest name: gretchenandpeter)