Thursday, October 8, 2009

What we've been up to!

It has been an extremely busy week for the V household because we are preparing for Nolan & Luke's baptism this Sunday -- yea! After mass, we are having our family and friends over at the house for lunch so there's a lot of preparation going on. It's a pretty big weekend for the boys because not only are they being baptized, but they are meeting their third set of grandparents on Sunday! My dad, his awesome wife, Colleen and my (little, but BIG) brothers, Zach and Josh are coming into Philly from Ohio for the festivities. How lucky are my boys for having three sets of grandparents?!

In other news, we traded in the Caddy and I got a new mommy-mobile. So if you happen to drive I-95 in the mornings, LOOK OUT because I've got a big ol' truck now. We could barely fit our stroller into the trunk of the Caddy let alone our groceries or extra passengers, so it was definitely time for an upgrade. Now we have third row seating for when we decide to add another baby to the mix (in a couple of years). If you have a mommy-mobile, please tell me about it, so I don't feel alone.


Luke and Nolan are super close to rolling from their back to their bellies. As I previously posted, Luke is rolling from his belly to back quite easily, but neither of them have mastered the back to belly roll yet. Poor little Luke gets pissed when he can't roll onto his belly. He grunts and tries to fling his body over, but his little arm gets in the way. He'll manage very soon though, I just know he will!

We actually have a daily schedule with the boys!! They wake anywhere from 7 to 8 a.m. and they take their naps whenever they feel like it in the afternoon. Bed-time is anywhere from 7:30 to 8:30 at night. It's been working out well. They have been sleeping 10 to 12 hours at night. We had one incident this week where Luke woke at 12:30 a.m. screaming. I think he may have had a little gas, so I picked him up out of the crib and rocked him to sleep. We have progressed from bringing a bottle cooler with two bottles upstairs with us at night because the boys haven't been waking to eat. It's nice to get those bottle warmers out of our bathroom and put away into the closet!

That's all for now! I'm going to keep my video camera handy in hopes of catching the first back-to-belly roll and, of course, there will be loads of baptism pictures to come!

6 comments:

The Wilson's said...

Love the mommy-mobile, hoping to upgrade in a few months as well. With only one baby it isn't as much of a necessity though:) I can't believe what great sleepers you have! Just when we were getting close, Jackson has had such a rough week. Baby colds are just pitiful!

Lisa said...

YAY for a new ride!!

And you are so lucky that they both sleep so well!

Mrs. Goodson...Woo Hoo!! said...

Love the new mommy mobile....drive safe :)

Meant to be a mom said...

I love your new car, Very nice. I also have a mommy mobile. A huge Montero. I love my big car, I feel much better being big on the road especially with a baby in the car.
Congrats on the baptism, Can't wait to see your pics from the upcoming event.

Also I have a question for you? When did the boys start sleeping through the night? My son still wakes up every 3-4 hours and its exhausting. I'm just curious how and when he will start to sleep longer without eating and crying all night.

Laura said...

Hooray for schedules! And new vehicles! I am hoping to get an SUV next year. Trying to get Cam's car seat into our cars is absolutely obnoxious!

Sarah said...

Love the new car! Jalen and Landon are on the EXACT same schedule.